OfficeR&D interactive floorplans enable you to represent your office space in a nice and meaningful way. They are based on your original plans (Image file) with few layers on top of them. This allows to click and select desks, offices and other resources and interact with them:
- Set target/list price
- Assign members, teams, and memberships
- Manage availability, etc
Usually, we import all floorplans for our clients. But if you'd like, you can surely import them yourself.
Follow this steps to import your floorplans:
- Export your floorplan to an image format - png, jpg or other image format.
- Add a new Floor or edit and existing floor in OfficeR&D.
- Upload your image floorplan in the Floorplan section.
Once uploaded, your floorplan will be the background of your interactive OfficeR&D floorplan.
Draw an interactive layer
Once you close the Floor dialog, you can click on the floorplan and open the OfficeR&D Designer.The next step is to Measure the floorplan. This will put your floorplan in perspective.
- If your floorplan has measures on it, you can click on a point where the measure starts and second click where it ends. Then add the real length of the measurement on the floorplan.
- If it doesn't have measures, you can either measure a desk, a door or something that you know how long it is. For example, a standard desk could be 120cm.
After you're done with the measures you can start drawing.
- Start with the Walls. In order to draw walls, you need to use the Wall tool, 3rd on the top.
- Then add the Doors. You may need to rotate or reposition the door.
- Next is to draw the Zones - Meeting Rooms, Private Offices, Kitchens, etc. Draw the zones by using the Zone tool (4th on top). Click on the wall points and when you're ready, click Enter.
- The last step is to add the desks. Before adding them, you need to make sure that the desk shape in the toolbox is the right size.
- Once ready, you can click Finish Design and go to Manage mode.
Once you're done with the Design, you may want to add the Resources and Inventory.