Before diving into the next steps, make sure to check the videos in our Quick Start with OfficeRnD tutorial on how to quickly set up your account.
When you're ready to do more in your account, you can
I. Create a Location
Start by creating and fine-tuning your first location:
- Navigate to Space/Location.
- Click on the Add location button to add a new location or click on the name of an existing location.
- Configure the location general details and add address and email addresses.
NOTE: All companies, members and billing plans need to be associated with a location to be properly applied and accounted for. If your organization in OfficeRnD has one location only, then the system will automatically apply this location to all entities you create in the system.
II. Add More Information In Your Billing Plans
- Configure the different memberships/plans from Billing/Plans. Start with this introduction to billing and invoicing in OfficeRnD.
NOTE: We usually recommend that you keep the billing plans number to the minimum. When would you create different billing plans? When the plans have different discounts, booking credits and taxes. Basically, if the plans differ only in price, then it is better to create 1 plan with a base price and when creating a membership, change the price accordingly.
- Create the billing plans that will be available to your members – one-offs and recurring subscriptions. Learn how to create billing plans.
Note: By default, every recurring plan is configured to prorate charges in the cases where a membership is created in the middle of a billing cycle. The Prorate plan setting is available on the billing plan edit/create dialog under the Advanced tab.You can create plans for:
- Dedicated Desks
- Private Offices
- Set up the portal settings of the plans that should be visible for members and non-members in the members portal. Click on a plan to edit it and navigate to the Portal tab. Every plan can be enabled for both members and non-members. You can also add an icon to make the plan more appealing when displayed in the shopping section of the members portal.
- You can charge customers for meeting room usage. Often, you would give credits or discounts to members and charge them when they exceed the pre-limited number of booking hours. To associate a charge with a meeting room, you need to create a resource rate following this procedure. To grant free of charge bookings with certain memberships, assign them booking credits while keeping in mind that 1 booking credit equals 1 hour of booking.
Note: Using OfficeRnD resource rates discounts, you can easily enable your members to book meeting rooms at a different rate than non-members. For example, if a room for external users costs $15 / hour, you can make a discount code that gives $5 OFF to all members having a certain membership plan. Read more.
- Add day passes in the billing plans. Learn more about how the day passes work.
III. Add More Companies and Members
Next, let’s start creating your space members from the Community module in OfficeRnD. Companies and members can be created manually or imported from a file.
TIP: We are happy to import your members for you, just send us a file formatted as per the description in the Importing Members article.
- Add a member – follow the steps outlined in the Onboarding a New Customer tutorial. If you need to create a company member, open the company profile page and find the Members section. Next click on the Add Member to add a new company member.
NOTE: In OfficeRnD you can add companies, individuals, and company members. An individual is a member who doesn’t have a company, for instance, a freelancer who will be handling all their fees and invoices. We usually recommend adding companies even in the situation where there is just one member of the company in the space as going forward more company members may join the space. When you have one company with multiple members as part of the company, the company is handling all invoicing for its members.
- Assign a membership on a member following this procedure.
TIP: You can tag members and use that tag to filter the members list under Community/Members and Community/Companies by typing the tag in the search box. To apply a tag on a member, open their profile page and look for the Add Tag button on the left side of the screen.
- Member statuses and labels
- How to adjust booking credits on a membership that is already applied to a member
- Assign company members as a contact and a billing person
IV. Members Portal
To enable the members portal OfficeRnD provides, navigate to Apps and ensure the Members Portal app is selected. The system automatically generates a domain name for the portal and if you’d like to change it you can follow these steps.
Members portal features can be turned on and off via the Apps/Features section. You can further customize the portal look and feel, as described in the Customize the Members Portal tutorial. If the Public Signup Page is enabled, make sure to check the Customize the Signup Form tutorial for tips on how to customize the signup form. The member sign-up workflow is described here.
You can invite your members to the portal by following these steps:
- Navigate to Apps/Users.
- Select one or multiple users.
- Click Invite.
Users will receive a welcome email with a link they can follow to log in. You can change the content of this email and all other notification emails OfficeRnD sends to your members from the Settings/Templates/Emails section.
NOTE: You can also invite members to the portal by opening their profile page in OfficeRnD and clicking on the Enable button next to Access on the left side of the screen. They will receive a welcome email with an activation link.
V. Space Management Basics
OfficeRnD allows you to fully manage your space with beautiful, interactive floorplans. Once implemented, this will enable you to obtain meaningful reports and track KPIs like occupancy, resource availability, historical statistics, etc.
- Take a look at the overview of importing floorplans.
TIP: We are happy to import your floor plans for you. Just send them over to email@example.com and we’ll have them uploaded in your organization.
- Create resources for the desks and private offices on the floor plan. Head over to this overview of the space management to get started.
- Assign dedicated desks and private offices to members as described in this tutorial.
- Add meeting rooms following these steps.
VI. Advanced Billing and Invoicing Settings
Accounts and Tax Rates
We have configured the billing plans and it is now time to configure the tax rates and the accounts in OfficeRnD. Learn more about what Tax Rates are and how to configure them. Next, navigate to Billing/Accounts to configure the accounts that billing plans should be assigned to.
OfficeRnD allows you to create, manage and send invoices. You can browse through all invoices or filter only the paid, overdue or failed invoices. You can also set up the system to automatically generate invoices or manually create new invoices or generate next month invoices. Read more.
To configure your invoicing settings, go ahead and open Settings/Invoicing. Go through every setting and configure the system to automate some of the invoicing for you.
NOTE: If you enable the automatic invoice generation, you need to be mindful of the bill run date. If you specify a date of the month, then OfficeRnD will generate all invoices for the current billing period on that date. In this case, if you create a new membership for a member after the automatic bill run, you would need to manually generate the first invoice for the customer. OfficeRnD will make sure to generate all other invoices with the next passes of the automated bill run.
You can charge your customers on a recurring basis by assigning them Memberships (or subscriptions) and one-off fees. Look at how to charge them for memberships, one-off fees and bookings. Learn more about how billing works and how to automate invoice sending.
- How to issue a credit note
- How to open exported OfficeRnD data in MS Excel.
- Customize invoice templates
- How to do a manual bill run
- When should I manually add an invoice
- How to create an invoice for a period longer than 1 month
OfficeRnD integrates with a variety of other software vendors to ensure that your platform and members portal are connected to your billing, door access, wifi, calendars, and more. Find more about the different integrations and how to set them up:
- Set up Xero or QuickBooks to automate your billing and accounting. Synchronize all invoices, payments, and contacts generated by OfficeRnD with Xero or QuickBooks.
- Setup Stripe to enable your members to pay for services and memberships directly from OfficeRnD using a credit card or ACH. Configure Stripe credit card payment gateway and/or configure it as an ACH payment provider.
- Set up PayDock to enable your members to add multiple payment gateways instantly, access new payment methods and manage all payments data from one place using PayDock and OfficeRnD.
- Set up PayPal to enable your members to pay for services and memberships directly from OfficeRnD using PayPal.
- Set up Capsule to pull all your contacts from your Capsule sales CRM. You don’t need to add the same data in two places anymore.
- Set up KISI to automate your door access control and check members in automatically in OfficeRnD.
- Set up Salto KS to synchronize the Salto KS door access system with OfficeRnD.
- Setup Google Calendar to sync the meeting room calendars from OfficeRnD with Google Calendar pages.
- Set up Zapier to enable integrations with even more of the applications that you’re using.