Give a customer discount by adding a percentage or a value amount discount to their membership. The system will then display the discount on all invoiced memberships over the life cycle of the member.
What You'll Need
- Navigate to Billing / Discounts.
- Click Add Discount and choose to add a Plan Discount.
- Select the applicable plans.
- Define the discount amount by setting a Percent Off or an Amount Off value.
- Give the discount a unique name in the Code field.
The plan discounts you create can be applied directly to customer memberships and they will be taken into account for all not-invoiced periods after the discount is applied.
- Open an existing membership or create a new membership.
- Find the Select Discount field next to the Price setting of the plan.
- Select a discount and review the changes in the price and the listed default price and discount amounts.
- Click Add or Update to apply the changes.
Next, when you create an invoice for the member, the membership line item will display the discounted amount and the discount value applied.
Note: Discounts of type "amount off" do not appear as separate line items during invoice creation, but they're still taken into account in the calculation of the invoice amount.
The discount will appear as a negative line item, after the invoice is generated.