You can record full or partial refunds on a member's account. This balances the customer account.
What you'll need:
Refund the payment
Important: Before you record the refund, make sure to issue the refund from the payment gateway that was used to process the transaction.
Create a Credit Note
If the payment was allocated to an invoice, open the invoice view and follow these steps.
- Click on the Credit Note button.
- Review the line items and select the ones that are refunded.
- Click Add.
- Open the member profile page and navigate to the Invoices section.
- Find the newly generated Credit Note and open it.
TIP: If you need to refund a security deposit, that is marked as Paid but was never invoiced, you can use the Add Credit Note option available through the cogwheel next to the deposit fee in the member account.
Record the Refund
- Click Add Refund.
- Select a Payment method that matches the payment method used to refund the money.
- Set the proper Amount, Reference and Date of the transaction.
- Click Add.
NOTE: The credit note will be synced with Xero and QuickBooks, should you have any of those integrations enabled. However, the refund allocation on the credit note can only be synced with Xero.