You can charge customers for meeting room usage. Often, you would give credits or discounts to members and charge them when they exceed the pre-limited number of booking hours. In order to associate a charge with a meeting room, you need to create a resource rate.
- If you want to add extras to the resource rate, verify you have created one-off fees for each extra. Learn how to set up a billing plan.
- Verify you have an account to associate with the resource rate.
Resource rates are created through the Billing module in OfficeR&D
- Navigate to Billing
- From the left-side menu select Resource Rates
- Click on Add rate
- The Add Resource rate dialog opens.
- Configure the following resource rate properties:
- Name - set a meaningful name to represent the resource rate
- (Optional) Unique code - set a unique code to serve as a unique identifier of the resource rate
- Price per hour - set a price per hour for the meeting rooms that will use the resource rate.
- Price per non-business hour - set a price per non-business hour for the meeting rooms that will use the resource rate. Use this field in the cases where you need to charge members differently when they book meeting rooms outside business hours.
- Price per half day - set a price for half-day bookings.
- Price per day - set a price for full-day bookings.
- Price per week - set a price for one-week long bookings.
- Price per month - set a price for one-month long bookings.
- Cancellation - select the Cancellation Policy for the resource rate.
- Maximum booking duration - set the maximum duration of a booking in the meeting rooms where the resource rate is applied.
- Account - select the account with which you want to associate the charges. Usually, that would be the default Booking fees account.
- (Optional) Description - set a description for the resource rate.
- (Optional) Extras - select extras to be available as part of the resource rate. Members can select to purchase any of the available extras when booking a meeting room associated with the resource rate.
- (Optional) Amenities - select amenities to be available as part of the resource rate. Amenities are provided out of the box, they don't require an additional payment and are therefore displayed as part of the overall description of the resource rate on the members portal and public calendars.
- Requires Approval - select whether bookings in the meeting rooms where the resource rate is applied require approval from a space administrator.
- Click Add
TIP: The system needs an hourly rate in order to calculate bookings that last less than half a day which is why we recommend always appliing an hourly rate for meeting rooms. An exception to this rule can be event spaces where horly bookings aren't allowed.
Create a meeting room which uses the resource rate.