Slack offers one of the best collaboration platforms that is very suitable for work. The direct integration with Slack enables your team and members to collaborate better from within OfficeR&D.
With OfficeR&D and Slack, you can:
- Post OfficeR&D posts directly to a Slack channel. Post important, informational and event notifications in different channels to reach the proper audience.
- Sync the members in OfficeR&D with the ones added to your Slack organization. Have OfficeR&D automatically invite new members to your Slack organization as soon as they are invited in the members portal.
- Start a chat with a member or a teammate. When the integration is synced, a Slack icon is displayed in the profile of all connected members (both on the admin side and on the members portal). Clicking on the Slack icon enables direct communication by opening the Slack application on your desktop or mobile device.
IMPORTANT: In order to set the integration up, you need to be an administrator in the Slack organization.
A Slack organization administrator can follow these steps to connect OfficeR&D with Slack.
- Navigate to Settings/Integrations.
- Scroll down to the Slack box and click Activate.
- Click Connect. Follow the wizard and Authorize OfficeR&D to connect to your Slack organization.
- Click Configure.
- Select the channels to which informational, important and event OfficeR&D posts should be posted.
- Enable the Automatically invite new members to Slack option if you want OfficeR&D to send a Slack invitation to members invited in the members portal.
- Click Sync.