OfficeR&D integrates with PayPal as a payment gateway. This integration enables your members to use PayPal to pay online for their monthly and one-off services. If you have a business merchant account with PayPal, you can follow this procedure to integrate it into your OfficeR&D organization.
In order to enable OfficeR&D to provide PayPal as a payment option for members, you need to collect the PayPal API credentials and configure the integration following these steps:
- Open in the browser the PayPal’s developer page and sign in with your PayPal merchant account credentials.
- Make sure you've landed under the My Apps & Credentials section.
- Scroll down to the REST API apps subsection and click on Create App. The Application Details window will pop up, where you need to:
- Under App Name, enter OfficeRnD
- Under Sandbox developer account leave the account generated by default or pick whichever Sandbox developer account, you'd like to use.
- Click Create App
PayPal provides two modes - a sandboxed and a live mode. By using fictitious Sandbox test accounts and their associated authentication credentials, you can test the OfficeR&D integration without referencing any real PayPal users or their live PayPal accounts. This way you can fine tune your OfficeR&D and PayPal routines before moving your live user details.
- At this step, you should be looking at the OfficeRnD app details. At the top left there should be a toggle between two set of credentials - one for the Sandbox and one for the Live version. If you want to test the integration, stay on the Sandbox page. If you're ready to start syncing the live PayPal accounts of your members, toggle to the Live page.
- Copy the Client ID.
- Open a new browser tab and log into OfficeR&D.
- Navigate to Settings/Integrations and in the Payment Gateways section find the PayPal box.
- Click Activate to open the Add PayPal Integration window.
- Under Client ID paste the value you copied in step 5.
- Go back to the PayPal browser tab and under Secret click Show. Copy the revealed value and paste it over in OfficeR&D under Client Secret.
- If you're using the Sandbox PayPal credentials, select the Use PayPal sandbox environment? option to let OfficeR&D know that you'll be operating in a test mode.
- In order to enable OfficeR&D to charge members' invoices via PayPal, you need to enable the Reference Transactions in your PayPal merchant's account and select the Accept recurring payments option in the OfficeR&D PayPal integration. If that feature is not enabled, users will still be able to pay their charges via the members portal using the Pay Now button.
What are Reference Transactions? When a user performs a transaction in PayPal, they generate a Transaction ID. This ID, or token, can be used by third-party systems to initiate subsequent transactions. OfficeR&D uses the Transaction ID to automatically charge invoices and to enable space administrators to charge the stored PayPal credentials manually to initiate a payment on an invoice.
- In order to acquire your API credentials for recurring payments, please follow the steps that are described in this PayPal documentation article.
- Click Add