Enabling meeting room bookings is a crucial part of running a coworking space and OfficeRnD enables you to provide your members with options to select a meeting room and book it for a one-time, or a recurring meeting. To provide your members with a list of available meeting rooms, you need to create a define the properties of each room.
- Verify a resource rate that defines the charges for the meeting room is created. Learn how to create a resource rate.
- Navigate to Space
- From the left-side menu select Meeting Rooms
- Click on Add room
- The Add Meeting Room dialog opens.
- Configure the following meeting room properties:
- Name - Set a user-friendly title that identifies the room. Note that this field is required.
- Size - Define the number of people the room can accommodate.
- Parents - Using this option you can establish a relationship between multiple resources, where one resource is the parent - more on that in the next section.
Note: Before establishing the connection make sure that there are no intersecting bookings in the future for the two meeting rooms.
If there are such bookings the system will display an error about the number of bookings that intersect.
- Available From To – Set as From the date when the room was made available as a meeting room. Leave the To value empty unless you know when the room will no longer be used as a meeting room.
- Open the Calendar settings and configure the following options:
- Rate - Select the resource rate that is applied to the room when members book it.
- Description - Set the description of the meeting room.
- Image - Browse and locate an image source that you want to display as a preview of the inside of the room in the members and admin portals of OfficeRnD. We recommend using images with a size of 2048x1536 pixels.
- Color - Choose a color to differentiate the room in the members and admin portals of OfficeRnD.
- Privacy - Configure the visibility of the meeting room to members:
- Full Access / Public - Select this option to make the room available to all members and non-members and make it visible on the public calendar. If you want to further configure the visibility, deselect the option to see the next privacy options.
- Active Members - Select this option to make the room available to only active members. If you want to further configure the privacy options, deselect this option.
- Select members - Add members to make the room available only for the selected members. Leave the field empty to make the room available for admins only.
- Select plans - Add billing plans to make the room available only for members with the selected plans.
- Click Add
Parent-child meeting rooms
This functionality is useful if you'd like to define a connection between multiple resources.
In order to enable the feature, you must first go to Settings -> Resource Types and click on Meeting Room (or whatever name you've entered for the default meeting room resource).
After you click on it in the newly opened window you'll be able to enable the option called
This can be used in a use case where if you'd like to make a booking in one meeting room it can be reflected in the other and vice versa.
Note: You can set the same parent for multiple meeting rooms.
By setting the same parent for two meeting rooms you can ensure that if someone books the parent meeting room, all related meeting rooms will be booked for the same time as well.
Note: One resource can have multiple parents.
If a resource has multiple parents and you book either the child or one of the parent meeting rooms, all children and parent meeting rooms will be booked simultaneously.
This way you can create a complex network of meeting rooms that are related to each other and if one gets booked then all related meeting rooms will be booked as well.
Note: Once the connection has been established you'll be able to create bookings in the past for the parent and the related meeting room.
However, if you create a booking in the past for a meeting room and then another for the same slot in its parent you'll be able to occupy the same booking slot twice.
This only applies for bookings either in the past or 1 or more years in the future, duplicate bookings cannot be created for the current year.
Book a meeting room. Learn more about the meeting room booking features.