Enabling meeting room bookings is a crucial part of running a coworking space and OfficeRnD enables you to provide your members with options to select a meeting room and book it for a one-time, or a recurring meeting. To provide your members with a list of available meeting rooms, you need to create a define the properties of each room.
- Verify a resource rate that defines the charges for the meeting room is created. Learn how to create a resource rate.
- Navigate to Space
- From the left-side menu select Meeting Rooms
- Click on Add room
- The Add Meeting Room dialog opens.
- Configure the following meeting room properties:
- Name - Set a user-friendly title that identifies the room. Note that this field is required.
- Size - Define the number of people the room can accommodate.
- Parent - Using this option you can establish a relationship between 2 resources, where one resource is the parent - more on that in the next section.
Note: Before establishing the connection make sure that there are no intersecting bookings in the future for the two meeting rooms.
If there are such bookings the system will display an error about the number of bookings that intersect.
- Available From To – Set as From the date when the room was made available as a meeting room. Leave the To value empty unless you know when the room will no longer be used as a meeting room.
- Open the Calendar settings and configure the following options:
- Rate - Select the resource rate that is applied to the room when members book it.
- Description - Set the description of the meeting room.
- Image - Browse and locate an image source that you want to display as a preview of the inside of the room in the members and admin portals of OfficeRnD. We recommend using images with a size of 2048x1536 pixels.
- Color - Choose a color to differentiate the room in the members and admin portals of OfficeR&D.
- Privacy - Configure the visibility of the meeting room to members:
- Full Access / Public - Select this option to make the room available to all members and non-members and make it visible on the public calendar. If you want to further configure the visibility, deselect the option to see the next privacy options.
- Active Members - Select this option to make the room available to only active members. If you want to further configure the privacy options, deselect this option.
- Select members - Add members to make the room available only for the selected members. Leave the field empty to make the room available for admins only.
- Select plans - Add billing plans to make the room available only for members with the selected plans.
- Click Add
Parent-child meeting rooms
This functionality is useful if you'd like to define a connection between two resources.
This can be utilized in a use case where you'd like a booking in one meeting room to be reflected in the other and vice versa.
Note: You can set the same parent for multiple meeting rooms.
Another use case would be to set the same parent for two meeting rooms.
By doing this you can ensure that if someone books the parent meeting room, all related meeting rooms will be booked for the same time as well.
Note: Once the connection has been established you'll be able to create bookings in the past for the parent and the related meeting room.
However if you create a booking in the past one meeting room and then another for the same slot in the parent you'll be able to occupy the same booking slot twice.
This only applies for bookings either in the past or 1 or more years in the future, duplicate bookings cannot be created for the current year.
Book a meeting room. Learn more about the meeting room booking features.