By default, the member profile contains the following list of predefined properties that describe the member contact details and status:
- Name (full name)
- Start Date
The company profile contains:
- More info
- Start Date
This article provides more information on how to add more properties to fully describe each member or company.
- Navigate to Settings/Custom Properties.
- Click Add property.
- Fill out the property details:
- Name - enter a name for the custom property.
- Unique Identifier - this field will be automatically filled depending on the name of the property, but it can also be manually adjusted. This identifier will be used when using the property in a template. Once the property is added, the identifier cannot be changed.
- Type - select the type of the property.
- Values - the Multi-select and Select property types have this property. It should contain comma-separated values, allowing an admin or member to pick one or more of them when editing the property's value.
- Applies to - Choose the entities that will have this property, such as companies, members, opportunities, resources, and so on.
- Placeholder - Enter a placeholder, that can give an example or description of the property. It is not a default value, but rather offers more information when filling out the property.
- Privacy - specify the visibility of the property. You can make it Members Public to enable members to view and edit its value as well as make it publicly visible in the portal. If you choose Members Protected the member will be able to edit the property, however, only the member and the admins can view it. You also have the option to set it as Admin Only if you'd like only the admin team to be able to view and edit the field.
- Click Add.
Now the custom property is successfully added. Once you have customized the member and company profile properties, you may want to learn How to customize an invoice template.