You can request a premium version of the RnD Connect mobile app and our team will develop it for you.
You need to prepare the following resources for the mobile application:
- Provide an Apple account
- Company/Space name
- App name
- Splash screen
- Fill in the submission form
Provide an Apple Account
Due to the Apple Shop's policies, we can only publish your app if you have an Apple account and give us permission to publish an app on your behalf. Click here to read our help article that offers guidance on creating your Apple account and giving our developers the permissions they need.
We need to know what space or company name to provide in the description of the mobile app in the Apple and Google Play Stores. It is useful when your members search for the app in the store so they can easily find the app.
You need to choose a name for the app. This would be the name of the application in Google Play Store and Apple App Store. This will also be the name of the app when installed on a device.
IMPORTANT: Apple requires that the application name of apps in the Apple Store is unique. This means that when we upload the app in the store, based on their feedback, we might get back to you and let you know that this name is already taken.
The Splash Screen is the image displayed when the app is loading when opened on a device.
The app stores require that the image meets the following conditions:
- Has a size of 2208px width by 2208px height.
- Has a solid background - we can't use an image with a transparent background for a splash screen.
- Has no alpha channel.
- Has at least 660px “empty” space from each side - top, bottom, left and right. "Empty space" refers to an area on the image that might get cut off when the image is resized automatically to fit different device resolutions. This is why it is important that you design this image in a manner where there is a solid colour area of 660 pixels on each side of the image.
Here is an example of a good splash screen image:
The Logo is the logo of your space which we display on the login screen.
The image you provide for a logo should meet the following conditions:
- Has a size of 1024px width by 768px height.
- Has a transparent background.
- Has at least 140px “empty” space from each side- top, bottom, left and right. "Empty space" refers to an area on the image that might get cut off when the image is resized automatically to fit different device resolutions.
Here is an example of a good logo image:
The Icon is the image representing the application in the mobile app stores and when installed on a device.
The image you provide for an icon should meet the following conditions:
- Has a size of 2048px width by 2048px height.
- Has a solid background - we can't use an image with a transparent background for an icon.
- Has no alpha channel.
- Has at least 510px “empty space" at the top and at the bottom sides and at least 510px "empty space" on the left and right sides. "Empty space" refers to an area on the image that might get cut off when the image is resized automatically to fit different device resolutions.
NOTE: You will notice that the mobile app icons are usually rounded. That doesn't mean that you need to send us a rounded image - on the contrary. The applicaiton stores round the image provided as an icon as long a it meets the conditions described above.
Here is an example of a good icon image:
Submit The Resources
Navigate to the Submission Form and submit your request for a premium mobile app. Our team will reach out to you with a timeline for the development of the app.
Don't hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the premium app offering.
Examples of App Resources
You can review the RnD Connect mobile app resources below as an example of what kind of images we need and download the attachments at the bottom.