Day passes help you manage access to your space for casual drop-ins or members that are not using your space every day. Day passes are tightly coupled with check-ins - a check-in/check-out pair is what defines a single day pass usage.
Table of Contents
- Day Passes
- Half-day passes
- Day Pass Types
- Add Day Passes
- Add Day Passes Manually
- Add Day Passes as a Part of a Billing Plan
A member can receive day passes through one of the following ways:
- During Signup - purchasing a one-off plan that grants day passes will enable the Use Day Passes option in a member's profile, ensuring their passes will be deducted when they check in even if they are active members.
- Memberships and Plans with Day Passes - When a membership or one-off plan that grants day passes is assigned to a member by an admin. The Use Day Passes setting will automatically be enabled in the member's profile.
- Manually granted - An admin can add day passes to a member directly. Note that adding day passes manually will not enable the Use Day Passes setting autmatically. If they have the Active status and don't have that option enabled they will not use up their day passes.
Half-day passes are a feature that can be used to take only 0.5 instead of 1-day pass if certain conditions are met.
In order to use half-day passes, you'll need to go to your Settings>Resource types section, click on a resource that you wish to edit and change the Check-in mode to Half-day. Also, make sure that Can assign is marked. If the Can assign option is enabled, this type of resource can be applied to a billing plan, by choosing it from the Type field. If a member has an active membership, based on a plan, which is the same type as a resource that has the "half-day" mode enabled, checking in for less than half the business hours of the organization will take only 0.5 day pass.
This option can be used by both admin and members, following the check-ins procedure.
It is advisable to have the plan clearly state if it enables half-day mode.
Day Pass Types
Day passes can be either one-time or recurring.
When One-time day passes are added to a member's profile, they will remain available until used up.
Recurring day passes will grant a set number of day passes at the start of each month. These Day Passes will remain active until the end of the month, or until used up. At the start of the next month, a new set of day passes will be added that can be used within that month.
Add Day Passes
There are two ways to add day passes - manually, or through a billing plan.
Only members with the Use day passes option enabled would use up these day passes, however.
Add Day Passes Manually
To add day passes to a profile manually, take the following steps:
- Go to the Member or Company's profile.
- Expand the right-hand details and find the Day Passes section and use the + button:
- In the dialogue that pops up, fill the following details:
- Day Passes - Enter the number of day passes you'd like to grant.
- Interval - Select either the Once or Month option
- Once - The number of Day Passes will be added as a one-time batch. They will remain active until used up.
- Month - The number Day Passes will be added to the customer's profile at the start of each month. Note that these passes will remain active only for the current month - a new batch will be added for every month.
- Valid From - Select the date on which the Day Passes become valid. They cannot be used before that date.
Monthly Day Passes will only be granted from that date onwards.
- To - Select the date on which the Day Passes become invalid.
All active monthly day passes will become invalid after that date, and no further batches of passes will be added.
Add Day Passes as a Part of a Billing Plan
You can add Day Passes as a part of a monthly plan, or as a one-off service. Naturally, day passes added as a monthly membership will be granted monthly and passes purchased as a one-off fee will be active until used up.
Below you can find a step-by-step guide on adding Day Passes as a part of a Billing Plan:
- Create a Billing Plan - whether the plan is a One-off, or Monthly, the steps are the same.
- Find the Passes tab.
- Enter the number of Passes that you would like to add.
- Hit Add or Update if you're making changes to an existing plan and you're done!