OfficeRnD helps to set up terms and conditions that every member must accept in order to access or use the services provided. It is an agreement between you as a company and the member who has access to the OfficeRnD members portal.
Go to Settings and scroll down to Terms and Conditions. You have the Legal Documents and Default Terms and Conditions sections.
In this section, you add legal documents that serve as terms and conditions, privacy policies, in-house rules or contract terms.
- Click Add Document.
- Set the Title of the document.
- Enter the content of the document. The section comes with standard writing tools and you can even copy-paste your pre-existing terms.
- (Optional) Select the Open in a Popup on Signup option to make the document content display in a popup for new users signing up. Alternatively, the content will be opened in a new browser tab.
- (Optional) Set an external Url to display the terms from an external source on signup. This option won't work for members on the portal where the terms should always be described within the content of the legal document.
- Click the Add, Update Current Version or Save as New Version.
- Add is available the first time you create an agreement. The newly created document is created as Version:1.
- Update Current Version is used to create a version of the document that will be presented only to new members signing up. With this approach, the changes in the document will not affect current members on the portal.
- Save as New Version is used to create a version of the document that will be presented to all members - both on signup and the next time they log into the portal. This way you can ensure all members invited to the portal are prompted to accept the changes you apply.
Note: The Update Current Version and Save as New Version logic described above is applicable for those documents that are used as Member Terms.
Default Terms and Conditions
In this section, you can configure the targeted audience of each legal document.
- Member Terms – select the legal documents to be presented to new users signing up and members currently using the portal.
- Notice and Consent / Legitimate Interest (GDPR) - This option is only applicable on signup and it controls whether you present members with one or multiple checkboxes to confirm if they accept the terms
Consent checkbox - Display one checkbox to accept all listed terms.
Multiple consent checkbox - Display the different terms in a list where there is a checkbox to accept each one separately.
You can even apply a legal document to members who purchased specific plans. This will prompt those members to accept plan-specific terms. For you to set terms and conditions for billing plans, the following steps should be followed:
- Navigate to Billing/Plans.
- Edit a membership plan and open the Advanced section.
- Under Plan Terms select which document to be added to members so they are prompted to accept it upon purchasing this plan.