The following steps will help you set up the OfficeRnD integration with Salto ProAccess SPACE. As Salto ProAccess SPACE is a system that is being deployed on-premise, the integration with OfficeRnD includes a few additional steps that need to be completed before it can be configured.
Note: Only one device can have this install per space.
Note: After the initial sync the email and phone numbers are not synced/updated between OfficeRnD and the door access integration.
- Connect Salto ProAccess with OfficeRnD
- Plans tab
- Locations tab
- Floors tab
- Offices tab
- Meeting Rooms tab
- Day Passes
- Mobile Keys
- Complete The Configuration
- Contact the Salto ProAccess SPACE team to configure the hardware and the software included in the solution.
- Get the SHIP protocol enabled in your Salto ProAccess SPACE package. Please consult with the Salto team on the matter.
Note: OfficeRnD cannot use HTTP(S) as the protocol for the Salto SHIP interface. Only STP is supported.
- Provide us with access to your Salto ProAccess SPACE machine and account. Our team will deploy the OfficeRnD Salto Client Agent and finalize the installation. You can then proceed to configure the integration in Settings/Integrations.
The Windows account on your PC should have admin rights.
If you experience any difficulties, please contact the OfficeRnD support team at email@example.com.
Connect Salto ProAccess with OfficeRnD
Once you are ready with the initial steps, here's how to configure access for the integration.
Navigate to Settings/Integrations. Open the Door Access field and click Configure next to Salto ProAccess Space. The following window will pop up:
This window contains six tabs. Each one lets you map different OfficeRnD entities to access levels in Salto ProAccess SPACE. Each entity mapping serves a specific purpose.
The first tab allows you to map a Billing Plan in OfficeRnD to an access level in Salto ProAccess SPACE. By creating such a mapping, you are basically telling OfficeRnD: "Every time someone is assigned a membership with this plan, give them access to the following access levels." Access will be automatically granted or revoked depending on when a membership starts or ends.
Plan mappings are most often used with Hot desk plans to grant members access to a common area where such desks reside. However, smaller spaces use them to map Dedicated desk plans as well.
The second tab lets you map locations to Salto ProAccess SPACE access levels. Location mappings work a lot like floor mappings. Whenever you assign a membership to a desk in a mapped location, the member will get access to the access levels mapped.
Example: Let's say that there's a location called London and it's mapped to General building access group. When we assign a membership to a desk on any floor in London, we will grant access to the General building access group in Salto ProAcccess SPACE.
The Floors tab allows you to map floors to access levels. Here, assigning a membership to a desk and floor will grant access to all mapped access levels.
Example: Let's say that there's a floor called Floor 1 in London. It's mapped to First floor access group. When we assign a membership to a desk on Floor 1 in London, we will grant access to "First floor access group" in Salto ProAccess SPACE.
The Offices tab allows you to map private offices to access levels. Here, assigning a membership to a private office will grant access to all mapped access levels.
Example: Let's say that there's a private office named Office 3.2 that's mapped to Office 3.2 access level. When we assign a membership to Office 3.2, we will grant access to Office 3.2 access level in Salto ProAccess SPACE.
Meeting Rooms tab
This tab allows you to map Meeting rooms to Salto ProAccess SPACE access levels. Settings here take effect whenever someone creates a booking for a mapped meeting room.
Example: John books a meeting room. When the time approaches, John is granted access to the access levels mapped to that room. When the booking ends, access for John is revoked.
Inviting a guest to a booking will grant them door access according to the meeting room mappings in your door access integration. Click on the following links to learn how to add visitors as an admin or in the members portal.
The sixth tab allows you to indicate what access users with day passes will get. Every member or team who has day passes will get access to the access levels mapped in this tab. This access will be revoked once all day passes are used up, or when their validity ends.
The last tab allows you to set up Salto mobile keys. Additional information on how the mobile keys function can be found here. There are two options you can set up:
- Automatically assign mobile keys to members with phone numbers. If a member has entered a mobile phone number, a mobile key will be automatically assigned and sent to them.
- Key re-validation period. This period determines how long a mobile key will remain active when it's not used. The maximum this value should be set to is 7 days.
Complete The Configuration
After clicking Done, you are all set up to start using OfficeRnD with Salto ProAccess SPACE. All the different configuration options above offer deep control over who has access to which location. You no longer have to worry about assigning or de-assigning people manually from a Salto ProAccess SPACE access level. OfficeRnD will do that for you!
- OfficeRnD does not delete any member accounts in Salto ProAccess SPACE. We do revoke their access once their membership ends, or they no longer have any day passes left. However, the customer account does not get removed from Salto ProAccess SPACE.
- The integration synchronizes automatically every 15 minutes.