A Coworking Space often needs to set specific booking rules for one or more Conference Room. OfficeRnD allows you to create rule pre-sets in the form of a Booking Policy that can be applied to a room.
How to create a Booking Policy
- Go to Settings/Platform and stay on the default tab, named Calendar & Bookings.
- Find the Booking Policies section of the page and hit Add Policy.
- Fill out the following details:
- Name - The name of the booking policy. This is the only mandatory field.
- Max Duration - The maximum duration of a booking in the meeting rooms where the booking policy is applied.
- Allow Recurring Bookings - Enable to allow members to create recurring bookings.
- Request Approval - If enabled, bookings for the rooms using that policy will be created as Tentative bookings until an admin approves them.
- Disable Back to Back Bookings - The "Disable back to back bookings" feature is explained in more detail in another article. Click here to see it if you are interested.
- Active/Non-Active Member Rules - Choose whether you'd like the same set of rules for active and non-active members or not.
Next, learn how to create a booking cancellation policy.
How to connect a Booking Policy to a Resource Rate and a Meeting Room
- Go to Billing/Resource Rates.
- Add a new Resource Rate or edit an existing one.
- Open its Advanced tab and select a booking policy from the Booking Policy drop-down field.
- Once the Resource Rate is applied to a Meeting Room, bookings for that room will follow the policy's rules.
NOTE: Booking Policy rules are not applied to bookings created from the admin side of OfficeRnD.