OfficeRnD integrates deeply with Xero and QuickBooks Online.
- Learn how to set up an integration with Xero.
- Learn how to set up an integration with QuickBooks Online.
With Xero and QuickBooks Online, you can set up a configuration where the accounting operations are either fully-automated or semi-automated.
It’s quite often that we’re also asked if there is an integration with a specific accounting solution that is popular in certain counties and regions of the world.
Following is the list of integration options from the fully automated to the custom integration options:
- New Invoice is created in OfficeRnD based on:
- Memberships/Contracts for the next month (month in advance);
- One-off charges for the last month (month in arrears);
- If Auto-sync option is ON, OfficeRnD syncs the invoice with Accounting:
- The next available invoice number is taken from the Accounting software;
- The PDF is then pulled from the accounting software (the real invoice PDF, generated by Xero or QuickBooks);
- The PDF is sent to the member if the Auto-send option is ON;
- Is auto-charge ON?
- Charge is executed on the Due date;
- Charge is synced to accounting, marking the invoice as PAID
- If the invoice is reconciled and marked as PAID in the accounting, OfficeRnD syncs it back and mark it as PAID in the platform;
- The member can see, download and check the payment status of their invoice in the Members Portal.
When you configure the accounting sync to be ‘Manual’, your team is responsible for syncing newly created and updated invoices with the accounting system.
This is why the integration will work in a semi-automated mode where you're in control over what is synced and when.
Manual accounting synchronization is our least favorite but of course, sometimes you can’t go around it. It works as follows:
- Invoices were generated (and eventually sent to members) through OfficeRnD;
- You export them in a standard CSV format from the platform;
- You import them into your accounting software;
Integrate your own accounting solution
It’s quite often that we’re asked if there is an integration with a specific accounting solution that is popular in certain areas.
When you build a custom integration, you can decide how far you want to go and how deep an integration you want to achieve. The tiers are similar to the ones described above:
Fully automated – all sync is done 100% automatically and accounting dictates numbering and PDF generation.
- pros: there are many reasons to do it and it’s very good for scaling businesses;
- cons: It’s very expensive and hard to accomplish;
Semi-automated – sync could be done in manually but still transfer all the data safely between systems. There are different options that can be assessed and considered in order to make as good integration as required.
- pros: quick and easy to make;
- cons: require some manual work;
Who can do it?
We at OfficeRnD will be happy to assess the scope and impact of integrating your accounting solution and see if it aligns with our future roadmap, so we can make it a part of our platform.
If not, we’ll try our best to get you in touch with some of our partners that can help you with the integration.
You can do relatively easy the Semi-automated version using our API.
You can either hire a local developer/team, external company or ask your IT/Dev team to assess if they are capable of building the integration.
Please sign in to leave a comment.