GoCardless enables your members to pay for services and memberships directly from OfficeRnD using Direct Debit transactions.
How to set up the integration:
- You have to create an account on https://gocardless.com/. Follow the steps there to set it up. If you already have one, please log in to your GoGardless account.
- Once you create it, log in to your GoCardless account.
- Navigate to Settings/Integrations in OfficeRnD.
- Go to Payment Gateways and find GoCardless. Click Add.
- The GoCardless integration will then move to the top of the page with the rest of the integrations enabled for your organization. Click the Connect button next to GoCardless in OfficeRnD. If you stayed logged into your account, it will automatically connect once you click the button. If not, you will have to enter your email address and password to log into your GoCardless account.
- Once this is done, you can click on Configure. There you can enable "Auto Sync" in order to let the system sync automatically. You can also set the transaction duration. This is the number of days needed for the payment transaction to close. This value is used to define how many days in advance an invoice should be charged so that the payment can be collected in time for the invoice Due Date. The default value is 0.
- Click Done.
Unlike card payments, payments via direct debit have a waiting period. This waiting period is typically from three to four business days (five, if the mandate needs to be verified - in the case of a first payment or a one-time payment). Settlement usually doesn't take more than five working days.
GoCardless limit their charges to be under 5000 units by default. This means that automatic (or manual) charges on invoices for more than 5000 units (of your currency) will fail when submitted to GoCardless. You can either manually charge the invoice with multiple charges (lets it's for 6000 EUR, you can submit 2 transactions with 3000 EUR each) or you can reach out to GoCardless support and ask them to increase your limit.