OfficeRnD offers many ways to facilitate your business operations. In this article, we’ll show you how to easily send a contract for an online signature.
This feature can only be enabled by the OfficeRnD team. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in testing the eSign functionality, and we will enable it for you.
There are charges applied for every contract sent out for a signature. Charges are also applied for every re-sent contract. You can keep track of your e-sign charges by navigating to Settings/My Account/Subscription.
Before diving in, you may want to read more about:
- Configure eSignatures
- Location-specific signer for your organization
- Sending a contract for eSignature
- Declined contracts
After eSignatures have been enabled, you need to configure who is responsible for the contracts being signed on your end.
- Navigate to Settings/Platform.
- Open the Contracts tab.
- Under the eSignatures section, configure Email and Name:
- Email – set the email of the person in your team, who needs to receive the contracts and sign them.
- Name - set the name of your organization as you want to display it in the contract upon its signing.
On the customer’s end, OfficeRnD sends the contract for eSignature to the email of the person, you selected in the contract when you created it.
Location-Specific Signer For Your Organization
If you have different locations that are treated as separate billing entities, or you have different people responsible for your contracts in each location, there is an easy way to set up the system to send your contracts to the proper person. Here is how to do that:
- Go to Space/Locations.
- Click on a location's name to open its Edit menu.
- Find the eSign tab and configure the Name and Email of the team member who needs to sign the contracts.
Sending a Contract For eSignature
There are two easy ways to do that:
- Go to Community/Contracts.
- Find the contract you need and select the cogwheel icon on the right of its name.
- Select Send for e-Sign.
Alternatively, you can send a contract for eSignature from the Contract's page:
- Go to Community/Contracts.
- Open the Contract you'd like to send.
- Find the Sign option on the top-right of the page.
- Click on it and choose to Send for eSign.
When you send a contract for eSignature, OfficeRnD sets its state to Out For Signature until both sides sign it. Once both parties eSign the contract, the contract state becomes E-Signed.
When your customers receive a contract for eSign, they have the option to decline it and provide a reason. When that happens, OfficeRnD sends you a notification using your email notification settings. As an admin, you can also decline the contract.
Declined contracts give you the option to re-send them after you make changes. It's important to remember that you need to generate a new PDF file before sending the contract for eSign again, otherwise you'll just send the old one without the new changes.
As a general rule, wait for the customer to sign their side of the contract before you sign as an admin. This way you'll always have the option to decline if you need to make edits.
Please sign in to leave a comment.