Security deposits are usually based on the monthly membership plan and can be refunded when the customer decides to leave the space. A client would often like to apply their deposit to their last invoice with you instead of a refund.
The easiest way to do this is to credit the security deposit and apply the credit note to the last issued invoice of the member or the company.
Table of Contents
Create a Credit Note for the Deposit
If the deposit was invoiced, open the invoice view, and follow these steps:
- Click on the Credit Note button.
- Review the line items and select the Deposit.
- Click Add.
- Open the member profile page and navigate to the Invoices section.
- Find the newly generated Credit Note and open it.
TIP: If you need to refund a security deposit, that is marked as Paid but was never invoiced, you can use the Add Credit Note option available through the cogwheel next to the deposit fee in the member account.
Allocate the Deposit
- Click Allocate credit.
- Select an invoice you'd like to allocate the Deposit's amount to. The option will only allow you to select existing invoices with a Due amount.
- Set the proper Amount you'd like to allocate - an amount larger than the invoice's due amount cannot be allocated.
- Click Add.