Security deposits are usually based on the monthly membership plan and can be refunded when the customer decides to leave the space. A client would often like to apply their deposit to their last invoice with you.
What you'll need:
Applying a deposit to an invoice:
The easiest way to do this operation would be to credit the security deposit and apply the credit note to the last issued invoice of the member or the company. To do this follow these steps:
- Open the member's/company's profile.
- Create the last invoice - in order to apply the deposit to the last invoice, that invoice needs to exist.
- Navigate to the One-off Fees section and click on the Show all button.
- Click on the cogwheel next to the name of the deposit and select Add credit note.
- After that navigate to the Invoices section, find the newly created credit note and open it.
- In the Allocations section click the Allocate Credit button.
- From the dropdown menu select the invoice you wish to allocate it to.