Payment Receipts are documents that certify a payment. After the payment process has been completed, you can send an e-mail with a receipt that certifies its completion. You can also generate a detailed .pdf document with the receipt.
Below, you can see a screenshot of what the invoice page looks like before making a payment:
And here's a screenshot after the invoice has been charged:
How can I Generate and Send a Receipt Manually?
You can generate and send a receipt in the following steps:
- Navigate to Billing/Invoices.
- Click on a Paid invoice for which you'd like to generate and send a receipt.
- You'll see a Receipts section of the page, where you can generate and/or send a .pdf file to the invoiced person or company.
- To generate a .pdf file, click on the Generate button The file will appear in the white field. To download it, click on the cogwheel next to it and select Download PDF from the menu.
- To send the receipt, click on the Send button.
How to Send Receipts Automatically?
Here's how you can send payment receipts automatically:
- Navigate to Settings/Billing.
- Scroll down to We'll send payment receipts: and check the box that says Automatically.
How can I Customize My Receipts?
Like the invoices that can be generated, receipts also have their own template. You can see those templates by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings/Templates.
- Open the Invoices tab.
- Click on Receipts to edit the receipts template.
If you need a more detailed customization of the template, please get in touch with email@example.com.