Coins are a type of credits, which unlike booking credits have actual monetary value, i.e they correspond to a specific amount of money - one coin is equal to one amount of currency (the currency depends on what's chosen as a default currency for the organization, e.g US dollar).
Coins can be added the same way as booking credits, you only need to change the type of credits by using the drop-down menu in the dialogue window.
Note: Coins cannot be personal, they're always associated with your company if you're part of one.
If you add coins to a member's profile, they'll apear on the company profile instead.
- Go to a member/company's profile.
- Scroll down to Booking Credits and click the button Add Credits.
- You need to select coins from the drop-down menu, where it says hours.
- After that you can specify the amount, whether they're issued once/monthly, the resources for which they're valid and the start and end date.
Once – The company or its members are allowed to use their coins until they use them up. These coins have no expiration date.
Month – These type of coins are renewed monthly (following the use-it-or-lose-it principle). You can set an end date to indicate the system when those coins should be revoked.
You can refer to our booking credits article for more information on the matter here.
Coins can also be automatically added to any member/company with the appropriate membership.
You can add coins to membership by doing the following:
- Go to Billing
- Go to Plans and click Add Plan
- In the dialogue window, you'll see that there's a tab called Credits - here you can specify the amount of coins that'll be attached to the membership and the resources for which they're valid.
- In order to assign coins just select coins from the hours drop-down menu.
After there's an existing entry for coins in the profile of a member/company, you can click the cogwheel next to the credits and select edit.
In the newly opened dialogue window, you'll be able to see when the coins have been created, by whom and you can also delete them.
There's an additional checkbox called Show removed credits, which allows you to see whether there are any coins that have been removed.
The Transaction Log or the Credit Account Log is a useful tool that can be used to keep track of all the issued coins.
Like in the Edit dialogue window here you're able to see when coins have been created, by whom and their amount. You're also able to see the coins' Type, i.e whether they've been added Manually or Automatically from a membership.
The Ref Date refers to the beginning of the period for which the coin has been issued, e.g the 1st of the month. You can also filter by month by clicking the Calendar icon or remove the filter altogether by clicking the x in the text field in order to view all created coins.
On the top right of the corner of the window, you can also see clearly how many coins are Remaining and how many have been Used.