OfficeR&D allows you to generate (create), manage, and send invoices. In this help article, we will go over the step you will need to take to generate an invoice and the options the system offers.
Manually Adding An Invoice
When adding an invoice you can do it in one of two ways:
- Billing/Invoices then click on Add Invoice
- From the profile of the member or company, you wish to invoice. In this case, you need to navigate to Community/Members or Companies. Locate and open the profile of the member or company scroll down until you see the Invoices section and click on Add invoice.
Both of the described ways will result in the following window popping up:
- To - select the company or member to whom the invoice should be issued To. This will include all fees and memberships in the product list of the invoice. Note that if you are adding an invoice from the member's or company's profile this field will already be populated.
- Number - enter the number of the invoice. Note that this field is populated by default using the Invoice number template.
- Reference - add text reference to the invoice.
- Issue Date - select the date of issue. This is the date that will appear on the invoice.
- Due Date - select the due date. This is the date that your member will be charged on.
- Payment Method - Select the payment method which you’d like to be recorded as part of the invoice payment terms. The following options are available: Auto, Cash, Bank Transfer, and POS.
- Discount - apply a percentage discount on the invoice.
- For - select which types of accountable items to be included in the invoice. OfficeRnD provides the option to issue an invoice for fees, memberships, or for both.
- Period Start: select the month identifying the start of the applicable period of the memberships
- Pay For - select the duration in months to calculate the duration of the memberships
- Add new line item - adds an additional custom line that you can input a custom amount. Please note that those services will be included in the one-off fees revenue account by default (your revenue accounts can be found under Settings/Billing/Accounts).
- Click Add to create the invoice or click Add & Send to add the invoice and send it to a company email and/or a billing person. You can configure the email addresses where the invoice is sent through the "Invoicing" section under Settings. You can also set up automatic invoice sending following the steps described in the Automated invoice sending the article.