This guide is designed to help you understand what the process of configuring your platform looks like.
It's structured in a way that would allow you to go through the steps of configuring the OfficeRnD admin platform in the order that will save you and your team a lot of time and effort. Many of the steps are explained either in a help article or in a short video, which will make the whole experience more seamless for you, as you'll have 24/7 access to them.
And now, let us share with you the list we've compiled to make it easier for you to set the system up. Once again, this is the logical order we'd recommend for the platform configuration, that has proved to be the most efficient for our clients. After the article you can also find a link to download our checklist that can help you with managing your onboarding tasks.
I. Main Configurations For Your Organization
- Configure your OfficeRnD Admin Platform account following the steps listed here.
- Add your colleagues that should manage the space as an admin - learn how to do that here.
- If needed add new locations that would be managed in OfficeRnD, following the instructions listed in this help article.
- Review our default resource types under Settings/Resource types, in case you'd like to create new ones for the services you'll be selling (e.g. if you have parking slots, you might want to create a new resource type for them, in order to have separate reporting on their occupancy, if those would be assigned to your members with a monthly subscription). Learn more here.
- Configure your billing settings.
Hint: There might be functionalities that are not active during your onboarding period (there would be a system message for them), as well as functionalities that won't be taken into account unless you have a payment gateway and/or accounting integration connected (e.g. auto-charge is only possible when you integrate with a payment gateway).
- Define the purchase flows valid for services sold through the portal (e.g. billing plans and/or meeting room bookings) for active and non-active members following these steps.
II. Services/Products And Meeting Rooms
*Optional*: Add amenities that can then be used for the description of your billing plans and/or bookable resources (learn more about amenities here).
- Configure your billing plans for the services/products you'll offer (e.g. offices, dedicated/hot desks, virtual office package, lockers, parking slots, etc.).
Hint: bookable resources (e.g. meeting rooms, where your customers would use a calendar to book the room, will be configured in the next few steps).
- Configure your booking/cancellation policies.
- Customize your booking model following the guides listed here.
Hint: Configurations like Business hours and Time zone can be set for each individual location under Space/Locations.
- Configure your resource rates which will be used as a pricing model for your bookable resources, and then add your meeting rooms following these steps.
*Optional*: If you'd like to expose additional services that should be offered to customers while creating their booking, you can review this help article that will explain how to achieve this flow.
*Optional*: If any of your members that are on a monthly recurring subscription should get a discount when they book meeting rooms (either a percentage or a certain amount off for every booking), you can add rate discounts to the billing plans that should grant this discount.
III. Other Resources And Floor Plan Management
- Send your floor plans to your onboarding specialist or to firstname.lastname@example.org for us to upload it for you (any image or PDF file works). It will allow you to have a visual representation of all available and occupied resources for each floor.
- Add your assignable resources (e.g. offices and desks). You can also import them (learn how to do that here).
Hint: Please make sure that the file has labels of the different areas, as that would allow us to properly upload it for you. Once your plan(s) is ready, you'll be able to map all your resources to it.
IV. Member Management
Add or import your companies and members.
Important: It's worth mentioning that every company should have a contact and/or billing person that will have access to all company related data (learn more).
Hint: If you've used a payment gateway to manage your payments before subscribing to OfficeRnD, please check with your onboarding specialist (or the support team) whether we can sync your customers' payment details through that payment gateway integration. Here you can find the list with all of them and what functionalities they support within OfficeRnD.
Assign memberships to your customers: Use your monthly recurring plans to create a membership for those services your customers get on a monthly basis.
Hint: This step is not necessary if you have imported the memberships through the member's import (see above), but is useful once you start operating and new customers join your space.
Important: If you'd like to use our contract functionality, please make sure to check out the linked article before creating any memberships, and discuss any questions you might have with your onboarding specialist or with the support team.
V. Brand Your Member Experience
- Review and/or customize the member portal under Settings/Apps. You can define which sections would appear and which should remain hidden for the members, as well as choose the color schemes that would be used for your member-facing portal.
- Review and/or customize the email notification templates under Settings/Templates/Member emails – those would be sent out to your customers whenever they trigger an action (e.g. create a booking, purchase something). In case you need help with the customization don't hesitate to reach out to your onboarding specialist.
- Review and/customize the invoice document templates under Settings/Templates/Invoices. Here you can find more details on what properties are supported for customizing the template. In case you need help with the customization don't hesitate to reach out to your onboarding specialist or the support team.
- Set up terms & conditions: Add in your Terms & Conditions for your members to read and accept before they join your space.
Under Settings/Integrations you can review which third party systems can integrate with OfficeRnD: Payment gateways / Accounting systems / Door access systems / Printing services / CRM / Others.
In our knowledge base, you'll find helpful articles on how to configure each one of them.
VII. Invite Your Members To The Portal
Invite your members to the portal where they can review/update their profile, purchase services, book rooms and chat with other members within your space.