OfficeRnD Reception is a tablet app that operators can use at reception for collecting visitor information and check-in members. It’s a completely branded(white-label) tablet app that automates and streamlines three of the main receptionist processes:
- visitor management, including registration
- host notification and member check-in
How It Works
- Home Screen
- Visitor Management
- Member Check-In
- Touchless sign-in
- Quick Search
- White Labeling
- Multi-Language Localization Support
- How To Get The Reception App
- Web Version Of The Reception App
- Download The App
The home screen showcases the 5 main features of the app that we will go into detail below:
- Visitor management - new visitor registration, quick sign up for returning visitors, hosts notifications
- Member check-in
- Completely white-labeled
- Multi-language localization support
When you click on I'm A Visitor, you'll be prompted to enter your email address, first and last name and select the person you are visiting from a drop-down menu, so he/she can receive a notification that you're on site.
Once you fill in these details and click on Continue, the person you're visiting will receive an email notification.
If you're already a member and you only need to check yourself in, you can click on the I'm A Member option. You will be prompted to enter your email address and once you confirm these details, you will be automatically checked in. You can find more information about check-ins here.
This feature allows visitors to check-in by scanning a QR code on their phone when it is previously marked as enabled in Settings > Apps > Theme > Touchless sign-in.
Once the QR code is scanned on your phone, you would be able to check-in as a visitor.
Members are now able to receive deliveries with the help of the Reception App. The delivery person has to select the receiver and click Confirm. The member(receiver) will be notified via email or push notification (through the premium mobile app) that there is a delivery waiting for them.
This is only applicable for searching visitor names at check-out and member names. The Quick Search option enables a 3-letter match feature for choosing a host during the Visitor Sign-in, Recipient for Deliveries, or during Check-out. This means that you only have to type in 3 letters and all visitors/members whose names match this sequence will appear on the screen.
OfficeRnD allows you to choose which features you'd like to enable for your Reception App. You can find them under Reception App View after navigating to Settings/Apps/Theme:
- Member Check-in
- Touchless Sign-in
- Quick Search
We highly recommend that you also enable automatic updates for the app. This means that you will get the latest version on your device as soon as we push an update:
- To turn on auto-update for the app, go to the app page in the Google Play Store.
- Tap the three vertical dots in the top right corner.
- Tick off Auto-update.
- Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- To enable all automatic app updates, turn on the green switch next to Updates.
- If you want to automatically update apps, but only when you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, leave updates on and turn off Use Mobile Data instead.
The OfficeRnD Reception App inherits all of the theming setup coming from the OfficeRnD admin portal. The background of the app is customized for your brand. It will automatically pick:
- The image of the location you’ve selected- more info about setting this up can be found here.
- If there is no location image, the background image of the Member Portal- more info about this can be found here.
- If there is no location or background image, it becomes a gradient of the background and primary color you’ve selected in your Member Portal theme- more info about this can be found here.
Multi-Language Localization Support
The OfficeRnD Reception App inherits all languages that are enabled for the member portal and users can switch between languages on the home screen.
Here's how you can set up the reception app in different languages.
How To Get The Reception App
The OfficeRnD Reception app is a paid add-on(see our Pricing page for more info) and is available for both iOS and Android. If you are an OfficeRnD customer and would like to get it, you first need to download the app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Then, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order for our Business Team to activate it for you and help you set it up.
Web Version Of The Reception App
The OfficeRnD Reception App also has a web version that you can set up once our Business Team activates the app for you:
- Log into the OfficeRnD Admin and Member Portal
- Select the location you'd like to set up the app for
- Copy your organization slug from the URL link
- Copy the location's ID from the URL link
- Open this link https://ORGSLUG.officernd.com/reception?office=ID where:
ORGSLUG is the slug you copied in point 3
ID is the location's ID you copied in point 4