The Daily Transactions Report is а financial reconciliation report that can help you validate the following things:
What the total amount of transactions for the day is - the data is broken down by revenue account.
More on what revenue accounts here.
What the exact entries are in each revenue account - this includes fees and memberships that were either invoiced or credited.
Note: If you're seeing a "(N/A)" next to a revenue account's name, that means, that there's no unique code set for that revenue account.
This is something that can be adjusted in the settings of the account itself in "Billing"->"Accounts".
The report displays all fees (both negative and positive), memberships, and Credit Notes line items (custom line items not included) that have a start date on the particular date that was selected in the filter.
Note: A fee/membership that was credited will appear as a negative amount.
You can also have negative entries if you've created a fee with a negative value in the first place.
Make sure to check the invoice in such situations to avoid confusion.
Note: Manually created line items will not be present in the report. If you're seeing a difference between the total amount of an invoice and the daily transactions report, then this is the most likely reason for it.
Note: Detached line items will also not be present in the report.
The report has a date filter, which determines the information that's shown in it, as it is a daily transactions report.
Use that filter to see the transactions for a specific day of the month.
The report is grouped by revenue account name, and each row has the company or member name to which they're associated.
Here's the list of columns you can find in the report:
Member Name - In this column, we list the name of the member to whom the fee from which the transaction is is assigned. If the fee (one-off or membership) is not assigned to a specific member we see “N/A” in this column.
- Company Name - In this column, we list the name of the company to which the fee from which the transaction is is assigned.
- If the fee/membership is personally assigned to the member, you'll see "N/A" in the company column. More on personal billing here.
- If the fee/membership is assigned only to the company you'll see "N/A" in the member column.
- If a membership is assigned to a company and to a member within the company, but isn't billed personally, you'll see both columns populated.
Invoice - In this column, we see the number of the invoice in which the listed fee is invoiced.
If the fee is not yet invoiced, you'll see “N/A” in this column.
- Fee Start Date - In this column, we see either:
- the date of the one-off fee.
- the membership start date ( for this billing cycle and not overall).
- One-off fee with a date of the 5th of November, 2020 will be displayed with the same date - 5h of November, 2020 in this column.
- Memberships that started on the 1st of January, 2020 and have a billing date of the 1st of the month will be shown with a start date with the 1st of November, 2020 for the month of November.
This is because we're displaying the start date of the membership only for the current month.
Fee End Date - In this column, we see either:
- the date of the one-off fee. The start date and end date of a one-off fee are the same date.
- the membership end date ( for this billing cycle and not overall).
- One-off fees with a date of the 5th of November, 2020 will be displayed with the same date - 5h of November, 2020 in this column.
- Memberships that end on the 31st of December, 2020 and have a billing date of the 1st of the month will be shown with an end date of the 30th of November, 2020 for the month of November.
This is because we're displaying the end date of the membership only for the current month.
Fee Name - In this column, we list the fee’s name based on the one-off name template in "Settings"->"Billing".
Fee Quantity - In this column, we list the quantity of the fee.
If it is a prorated membership, the quantity represents the proration.
Fee SubTotal - In this column, we list the total of the entry before tax and discounts.
Fee Discount - In this column, we list the amount of the discount assigned to this entry.
Fee Tax - In this column, we list the amount of the tax, based on the revenue account, client, and location assigned to the entry.
Fee Total - In this column, we list the Total amount of the entry with discounts and tax included.
We have separate totals for each revenue account.
A final total that sums all accounts together.
Each total has several components, that comprise it: