If you would like to make sure that your meeting rooms are always up to date on your calendar and tablet apps, you can do that by enabling the Bookings Checkin requirement. Enabling the option will send a notification to your members about their upcoming bookings and ask them to check in, or the booking is canceled shortly after it starts so another client can book it instead.
- Create a meeting room
- Enable the Meeting Rooms Tablet View and set up a tablet - This is optional if you send reminders to your clients to check in.
How to check in for a booking
When enabled, a member would need to check in their booking in order to keep it on the calendar. They can do that in the following ways:
- Check in using the tablet view - One minute before the booking's start, a Check-in button will appear on the tablet view. A member can tap on it to check in, ensuring their booking will not be canceled. Here is what it looks like:
- (Optional) If you enable the Send booking reminder option, OfficeRnD will send a notification to the client who created the booking, reminding them that they should check in. The email includes a link that allows them to check in remotely, without needing access to the tablet view of the room.
Both options can be available at the same time.
Enable the bookings check-in
You can enable the bookings check-in by following these steps:
- Go to Settings/Platform.
- Find the Booking Policies section.
- Click on a policy's name to open it, or create a new one by hitting the Add Policy button.
- Find the Require Checkin option and enable it.
- (Optional) Specify the time after which a booking that nobody checked in for will be canceled. By default, it will be set to 10 minutes after the booking's start.
Note: The maximum time you can set for this option is 15 minutes.
- (Optional) Enable the Send booking reminder to send an email notification to members and allow them to check in through their email. You can also specify how soon before the booking the reminder is sent.
Note: The maximum time you can set for this option is 360(6 hours) minutes.