PlacePay is an integration that allows you to collect credit and debit card payments, you can also accept direct debit payments and it has multi-location support, which means that you can set up separate accounts per location.
Note: This integration is not supported on the sign-up page. Also note that the setting up of this integration requires developer tools and if necessary you can contact our support team for assistance on the matter.
Note: This integration does not support Purchase Flows - you will not be able to charge invoices immediately upon purchase with this integration. More on Purchase Flows in this article.
Any setting for the purchase flow apart from Generate an invoice immediately will lead to an inability to complete the purchase/booking, the other options must be disabled in order for the members to be able to purchase items from the shop/book meeting rooms.
How to set up the integration
Getting your Private Key:
- Visit https://placepay.com/ and create an account.
If you want to create a test account first, you can visit https://test.placepay.com/.
- After you've created your account in order to set up the integration you're going to need to get your private API key.
- Go to the top-right corner of the PlacePay page and click on the drop-down that should show your profile name. Select Edit Your Settings.
- In the newly opened window go to the API Keys tab. Here you'll see be able add a new key pair by clicking the button.
- After you click the button, you'll be able to see your public and private keys.
Please make sure to copy your private key before you close this window as you won't be able to view it again.
Note: You will not be able to use test keys for charging real payment details, please make sure to use your live API keys when you're going to charge your members.
Now that you have your private key you can get your Deposit Account Id:
- In order to get this Id you're going to need to issue a GET request to the PlacePay API.
Depending on whether you're using a test private key or a live private key the URL to which the request will be sent is going to be different.
URL for test private key - https://test-api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
URL for live private key - https://api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
- When you're issuing the GET request the authorization you're going to need is a basic authorization, use the previously copied private key for that.
- Now that you've issued the request the value of the property Id at the very top of the result is the Deposit Account Id. Copy that value so that you can later paste it in OfficeRND.
After you've copied your Deposit account id and Private key you can use them to configure the integration in OfficeRnD:
- In Settings->Integrations you can scroll down to Payment Gateways and activate PlacePay.
- After you've activate the integration you can click Configure where you can paste your private key and Deposit Account Id.
- Click Done and your integration will now be active.
Note: If you're going to be testing, make sure to enable the checkbox Use Place sandbox environment.
How to set up payment details for a member
Unlike the other payment integrations where you can directly enter payment details for members/companies in the admin portal, you can send a mandate request directly to the user to request that they enter their payment details.
If you go to a company/member's profile you'll see, that there's a Setup Place button in the Payment Details section.
Once you click it, the system will prompt you whether you'd like to send a mandate request to the email that's been entered for the customer.
If you confirm the user will receive an email with a link that once opened will allow them to enter their payment details.
Note: Unlike the other payment integrations, PlacePay doesn't store details automatically.
Whenever a user is entering their payment details in the link that's been sent to them after you've asked them for authorization, they need to enable the Autopay function.
If this function isn't enabled the customer's details will not be stored and they won't be chargeable.
If the member's entered their details correctly and they've enabled Autopay,the payment details will be stored and they'll be chargeable on the admin end and can be used in the members portal by the member as well.