Before reading this article, we would recommend taking a look at our help article on Invoicing to familiarize yourself with the way invoicing works in OfficeRnD and how Accounts tie to that.
The Accounts settings can be found by navigating to Settings -> Billing -> Accounts tab.
The section can be used to:
- Add a new Account
- Remove an Account
- Modify an already existing account and specify its Tax Rate.
By default, there are four pre-set accounts: Booking fees, Deposits, Membership fees, One-off Fees.
Note: When a line is manually added to an invoice it will always by default appear under the One-off fee account.
Creating an account
To create a new account click the "Add account" button on the top right corner of the screen in Settings -> Billing -> Accounts. You can set up the new account's properties listed below:
- Name - the name with which the new account will appear;
- Unique code - this field can remain empty - it can be used for specific tasks handled by our development team;
- Description - a description of the Account.
- Color - this is the color with which the tax will appear in an invoice.
- Tax Rate - from the dropdown menu you can select the tax rate that will be applied to the new account. Before a tax can be selected it has to be created in the Tax Rates tab, which is next to the Accounts tab.
To finish the creation process click the Add button.
Remove an account
To remove an account from the Accounts section click the cogwheel next to its name and select Delete. The default Accounts CANNOT BE DELETED. However, they can be modified.
Modifying an account
To modify an account click the cogwheel next to its name and select Edit.