In OfficeRnD Hybrid, you can define a set of rules to control the terms and conditions of a booking. In this article, you will learn how to create a booking policy and assign it to a bookable resource such as a desk or a meeting room.
Adjust or Create a Booking Policy
- Navigate to Office Space and click Booking Policies.
- There will always be a default one but you can create others by clicking Add Policy.
- Describe the policy rules:
- Name - The name of the booking policy. This is the only mandatory field.
- Max Duration - Maximum time allowance for booking a resource.
- Min Duration - Minimum time allowance for booking a resource.
- Allow Recurring Bookings - Enable to allow members to create recurring bookings.
- Limit Recurring Bookings Span - Limits the recurring bookings' time span. You can set it up to a maximum of 24 months from the day of the booking's creation.
- Limit Future Bookings - Limits the maximum allowed months from today that the booking can be booked for. The maximum amount for this setting is 24 months.
- Limit Time Before Start of Booking - Add a "notice period" for bookings. Employees would not be able to book a room immediately, they would need to book for X time after the current moment.
- Request Approval - If enabled, bookings for the rooms using that policy will be created as Tentative bookings until an admin approves them.
- Require Checkin - This option enables an automatic cancellation process. If employees do not check-in for the booking within the set amount of time before the start, the booking will be canceled. Bookings made within the specified period are auto-confirmed and will not require a check-in
- Disable Back to Back Bookings - set a buffer time between bookings, if for example, the room needs to be prepared or cleaned before the next booking takes place. This ensures the room will be locked for booking during the set buffer time.
Note: The limit for the back-to-back buffer time is 30 minutes.
Apply the Booking Policy to a Bookable Resource
Once you have defined the booking policy, you can now apply that to your resources.
- Switch to the Resources section under Office Space.
- Open a resource and select the Booking Policy from the dropdown menu
- Hit Update.