If your company is using the Microsoft 365 package you can use OfficeRnD Hybrid from within your Microsoft Teams application either on a desktop or a mobile device. The OfficeRnD Hybrid app will allow your employees to:
- Find and book desks and meeting rooms on the go.
- See real-time availability of desks and spaces on the office map.
- Locate colleagues on the office map and book a desk next to them.
- Manage, edit and cancel bookings for you and your colleagues.
- Check in for bookings via the Teams chatbot for our App.
- Check your daily schedule.
- Microsoft Teams Setup
- OfficeRnD Setup
- Enable Microsoft Teams to Sync User Profile Photos from your Microsoft 365
Microsoft Teams Setup
- Open https://admin.teams.microsoft.com/ and click Teams Apps, then Manage Apps.
- Search for OfficeRnD Hybrid, select the app, and click Allow.
- Click Setup Policies and edit the Global or create a custom one if only certain users or groups should use it.
- Click Add apps, find OfficeRnD Hybrid, add it, and hit Save.
- Log in to your OfficeRnD Hybrid and navigate to Settings/Integrations/Communication.
- Find Microsoft Teams and click Activate.
- Then click Connect.
- You will be asked to log in with your Microsoft 365 credentials to finish the connection between OfficeRnD & Microsoft Teams.
Please bear in mind you have to use an administrator Microsoft 365 account as the integration requires a certain set of permissions to be granted.
Enable Microsoft Teams to Sync User Profile Photos from your Microsoft 365
To ease your employees and improve user experience, you can configure the Microsoft Teams integration to fetch the profile pictures of everyone from your active directory that has an OfficeRnD account. The integration will update everyone's image as long as they have one in your directory.
To enable that, simply click Configure on your integration and check the Sync User Photos box. Validate with Update.
The sync is executed once per day.
The MS Teams integration requires the following permissions:
- Read name and description of the teams - Used to read the Tenant and Tenant ID only.
- Read name and description of channels - Hybrid does not read the client channels; it is only used to send requests to check if we have an open channel with the user.
- Send user chat messages - Allows the Hybrid bot to send notifications to the user.
- Read user chat messages - It reads only one-to-one messages between the bot and the users. Also to see when the user reacts to the bot.
- Read all app catalogs - Read to check if the app that is being installed is used for full cross-organization installation. Also to check the application ID.
- Read organization information - Organization email, and tenant branding information.
- Read all users full profiles - Used because there is an option to sync user pictures with the Hybrid app.
- Manage apps that this app creates or owns - Used together with Read all app catalogs. It is used if you create an organization directly from Microsoft Teams. It allows Hybrid to create applications that bootstrap SSO without having to set it up manually.
- Manage Teams apps for all users - Used together with Read all app catalogs. It is used if you create an organization directly from Microsoft Teams. It allows Hybrid to create applications that bootstrap SSO without having to set it up manually.