In this article, you'll learn how to set up Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication with Custom Google Domain. To learn more about enabling SSO authentication in OfficeRnD Hybrid, take a look at the Single Sign-On (SSO) Authentication article.
- The standard login with an OfficeRnD Hybrid user and password
- The "Reset password" links in OfficeRnD Hybrid
- The token for authentication that employees receive when invited to the Members Portal.
Enable SSO with Google
Navigate to https://console.developers.google.com/?pli=1
Click Create Project
- Navigate to the OAuth consent screen and choose how you want to configure and register your app, including your target users.
- Start by choosing the User Type as External or Internal and click Create.
Set the Application Name to OfficeRnD Hybrid and complete the configuration.
Navigate to Credentials and click Create credentials
Choose OAuth client ID and select Application Type: Web application
Set a Name.
- Open your OfficeRnD Hybrid account in a separate browser tab.
- Navigate to Settings/Integrations.
- Expand Authentication and next to SSO Authentication click Activate.
- Click Configure and copy the Return URL
- Go back to the Google Cloud Platform
Find the Authorized redirect URIs section and click Add URI. Paste the Return URL you copied in step 12.
A confirmation window pops up with the Client ID and Client Secret.
- Copy the Client ID and navigate to the OfficeRnD Hybrid SSO configuration window. Paste the value in the Client ID field.
- Copy the Client Secret and navigate to the OfficeRnD Hybrid SSO configuration window. Paste the value in the Client Secret field.
Next, we need to set the Discovery URL on the OfficeRnD Hybrid side, in the SSO Authentication configuration. You can follow this article to get the Discovery URL or you can enter it manually: https://accounts.google.com/.well-known/openid-configuration
- Select Enable Automatic Account Activation - With this setting enabled - employees that already exist in OfficeRnD Hybrid will be allowed to log into the Portal without needing to be explicitly invited. If this setting is disabled - employees without prior access to the Portal will need to have it Enabled by an administrator.
- Click Update.