If you are using Google, you can add your employees to OfficeRnD Hybrid using the native Google Directory integration. This saves you time from adding and managing employees manually as you can simply sync the two systems and let the employees' profiles get automatically created in OfficeRnD Hybrid.
Before You Start
- Review all of your employees in the Google Admin portal.
- Make sure you have the employees in the Groups that you want to sync. Тhe Group name will become a Team in OfficeRnD Hybrid.
- Employees should not be present in multiple groups. If they are, they will be assigned one of the groups that are auto-provisioned and added to the same Team on our end.
Sync Google Directory with OfficeRnD Hybrid
- Navigate to Settings/Integrations.
- Expand Other Integrations, find Google Directory Sync, and click Activate.
- Once the Google Directory Sync becomes available under the Active Integrations section, please click Connect.
- Choose your Google account and check all the boxes:
- When the authentication completes, click Configure to set up the integration:
- Groups - add all the Groups you'd like to sync.
- Map Google buildings to locations - map the buildings you have in your Google Directory to the locations you created in OfficeRnD Hybrid. This step ensures that employees are created under the proper location in OfficeRnD Hybrid.
- Enable auto sync - check the box to enable an automated sync every hour. Leaving it unchecked means you'd have to sync the integration manually.
- Click Done.
- To sync your employees from Google Directory with OfficeRnD Hybrid immediately, you can click Sync.
How Does the Integration Work?
- Teams are created in OfficeRnD Hybrid based on the Google Directory Groups you selected in the configuration.
- Employees are created in OfficeRnD Hybrid based on the employees in the Google Directory Groups you selected in the configuration.
- The following data is synced:
- Team name matching the Group name
- Employee name.
- Employee email address.
- When an admin makes changes in the Google Directory, the changes will be synced to OfficeRnD Hybrid.
- When an admin makes changes in OfficeRnD Hybrid, they will be overwritten with the data from Google upon the next sync. Please make sure to only edit/amend employee data in Google.
- Please bear in mind that if an employee leaves the company and their profile is deleted from the Google Directory, they will not be deleted from OfficeRnD Hybrid but will be labeled as Former. If they had any bookings in the system, they will be kept as well. Any future bookings of the said employee must be canceled manually
- Find out how to implement SSO Authentication with Google.