In OfficeRnD, you can easily import your customer data during the initial setup and onboarding. Ideally, this process begins by importing your companies' data. The functionality is found under the Companies tab in Settings/Import.
This article will go through the Companies Import process. After importing, it's possible to update and edit existing data - more on that later.
- It's best if you download our template in order to see which columns must be filled out in order to complete the import. Alternatively, you can use your own .CSV spreadsheet file and match the columns in it to the columns in OfficeRND.
- If there is a validation error when uploading the data, you might be unable to proceed unless the error is fixed. There are two types of error warnings - Red (an error that should be fixed in order to continue with the import), and Yellow (it is a warning, but you can still finish the import).
- If the companies already exist in the system, new companies won't be added. The system will update the existing ones instead.
- Empty Spaces in the beginning and end of the entry will be removed automatically.
Import Flow Steps
The Companies Import flow contains three main steps - Upload spreadsheet, Match columns, and Summary. We will go through each one in detail:
- Download the example file to get started. You can also click on the "Download template" button in the Companies tab.
- Upload your .CSV file by clicking on the Upload CSV button.
The mandatory columns are the following (they will have a "*" symbol included for that purpose):
- Company Name * - The name of the company that will be added or updated.
- Location * - The company's location.
- Start Date * - For the start date of the company, note that one of the following formats should be used: YYYY-MM-DD, DD/MM/YYYY, or MM/DD/YYYY.
Other columns that can be of use (optional):
- Company Email
- Billing Name
- VAT Number
- Reg Number
Choose the date format to help OfficeRnD parse the datesFirst, you must select the date format used in your CSV file to help OfficeRND set the start dates of the companies correctly. This is important because if the format is not set correctly, you won't be able to continue.
Match the columns from your file to properties in OfficeRnD
At the bottom of the Import page, you will be able to see two rows of columns:
- The first row displays the default columns in OfficeRND.
- The second row displays the columns in the uploaded file. You can match your columns to the columns in OfficeRND to make sure the data from your columns will be used in the default ORND column. Custom property fields can be matched to an existing custom property in OfficeRnD as well.
If there are any errors or inconsistencies in the data, the system will display a warning and may not let you continue. You'll be able to see a description of the problem either on the row that's problematic, or on the whole column.
Note: If there is an error message that you are unable to troubleshoot for some reason, you can reach out to email@example.com.
Review the import summary showing what data will be added or updated.
Save your choices as a matching preset for future imports. While columns will be automatically matched, you will still be able to edit them.
To save a preset, click on "Save preset CSV", set an Import Settings Name, and save the changes made. You will be able to choose this matching preset in future imports.
- Click on the Import button.
- You will receive a confirmation of the successful data import.
Update Companies Using The Import Feature
As we mentioned earlier, the Import feature can be used for updating purposes. If the companies already exist in the system, the system will update the existing ones with the data from the new .CSV file. Here's an example: