Custom Properties is a functionality allowing you to add more fields of information to pretty much anything in OfficeRnD Hybrid. For example, if you are missing a field for Employee profile data or bookings, custom properties will come in handy.
Add a Custom Property
- Navigate to Settings/Advanced Settings/Custom Properties.
- Click Add Property.
- Fill out the property details:
- Name - enter a name for the custom property. Make sure to avoid naming custom properties after already existing fields such as Name, Email, etc.
- Unique Identifier - this field will be automatically filled depending on the name of the property, but it can also be manually changed. Once the property is added, the identifier cannot be changed.
Type - select the type of property that you'd like to add. It could be String, Text, Number, File, Date, Boolean (a Yes/No checkbox), Select, or Multi-select.
Note: Changing a custom property from one type to another will cause the property to lose its previous values. These values can be restored by changing back the property to its original type.
- Values - the Multi-select and Select property types have this property. It should contain comma-separated values, allowing an admin or member to pick one or more of them when editing the property's value.
- Applies to - choose the entities that will have this property, such as Team, Employee, Bookings, Resources, and Locations.
- Placeholder - enter a placeholder, that can give an example or description of the property. It is not a default value but rather offers more information when filling out the property.
- Privacy - specify the visibility of the property. You can make it Members Public to enable employees to view and edit its value as well as make it publicly visible in the portal. You also have the option to set it as Admin Only if you'd like only the admin team to be able to view and edit the field.
- Click Add.