The idea of the QR Codes is to place them on each desk, meeting room, or another bookable resource. Every QR Code is unique and should be attached to the resource it belongs to. Check QR Code Functionalities to understand what is supported.
How it Works
- Navigate to Office Space/Resources and choose a bookable resource type.
- Select the resources you'd want to have a QR code for.
- Click Print QR Codes.
- In the pop-up window, you will find a summary of how many separate QR codes can be downloaded. You will also see a tip section, which contains a separate QR code that can take you to the office map in the Web Portal, where the selected resources are available. You can use this QR code or the link available next to it if you'd like to allow employees to quickly open the entire office plan on your web portal. Or you can use it yourself while figuring out the position of each resource on your floorplan so you can label each desk with its appropriate QR code.
- In order to download the separate QR codes for all selected resources, click Download.
- Print the downloaded PDF file. We recommend white vinyl/PVC sticker paper for best results.
Keep in mind that you can only generate a QR Code for resources, which are available on a floorplan. If you select a resource, which is not added to any floorplan, the system won't be able to generate a QR code as it would consider it unavailable for booking.
Now you can go ahead and place a QR code on each bookable resource (a desk, a meeting room, or any other type that can be booked).
QR Code Functionalities
Scanning the QR code placed on a resource is pretty straightforward - you can use the OfficeRnD Hybrid Work mobile app with its built-in QR code scanner or any other QR code scanner app.
If you are using a generic QR Code scanner app, once the code is scanned, following the link will ask you to log in with your OfficeRnD credentials or authenticate with your SSO ones (if you are using any of the available Authentication integrations). Since browsers tend to store cache and cookies, it's highly unlikely to have to log in each time you scan a code.
The QR Code supports additional functionalities around booking in OfficeRnD Hybrid. You can:
- Check-in for a booking that you have on this resource - If you have booked the desk or a meeting room and it's time for check-in - there will be a button to do that.
- Book this resource - If the resource is free, you'll be able to book it (only applicable to resources bookable by Date).
- Switch desk - You can switch your desk to this one if you already booked another.
- Cancel your booking for this resource - You can cancel your booking if it's ongoing at the moment.
- View any ongoing booking for this resource - If the resource is not available, you will see information about who is currently occupying it.
- Meeting attendees can also check in for the meeting room if the organizer is not in the office for the meeting.
Please sign in to leave a comment.