The Accounts Receivable (AR) Aging by Invoice helps you review the outstanding amounts that are yet to be paid (i.e. are due) by your customers.
Rules for calculating the report
- Invoiced amounts "age" based on the Due Date of the respective Invoice. For example, if the due date of an invoice passed yesterday, that invoice amount will be included in the 1-30 Days aging bucket.
- Invoices with status “Paid” are excluded from the total due amounts, as payment for them was received in full.
- Invoices with status “Partially Paid” are included in the total due amounts, but the partially paid amount (both from payments and allocations) is subtracted from the total due amount.
- Invoices with status “Awaiting Payment” are considered NOT paid and their invoice amount is included (in full) in the total due amount.
- TAX, deposits, and processing fees are INCLUDED in the total due amount.
- This report lists every entity that you have a direct commercial relationship with. It can show Companies, Company Members (if they have personal fees/memberships), and/or Individual Members.
The total due amounts are broken down into the following (aging) buckets:
- Pending - the total amount due from Invoices that are NOT overdue yet. That means that their due date still hasn't passed and they are currently in status "Pending"
- 1-30 Days - the total amount due from invoices that are overdue for more than a day, but NOT overdue for more than 30 days.
- 31-60 Days - the total amount due from invoices that are overdue for more than 30 days, but NOT overdue for more than 60 days.
- 61-90 Days - the total amount due from invoices that are overdue for more than 60 days, but NOT overdue for more than 90 days.
- 90+ Days - the total amount due from invoices that are overdue for more than 90 days.
Invoice Due Amounts, Split by Aging Bucket and Customer Total
The first visualization shows you the total amount due in each aging bucket, along with the count of customers that contribute to each respective amount.
Customers, Sorted by Due Amounts
The second visualization shows you an exhaustive list of all customers with due amounts, sorted by the highest amount from top to bottom.
Aggregated View Tab
The summary tab provides you with an aggregated view of what is the total amount due by each of your customers, with the amounts broken down in aging buckets.
Clicking on any of the rows of the report allows you to drill down into a specific customer and get a list of each individual invoice with their respective due amounts.
We've also added the Deposit Help and Unallocated Amounts for each customer, so you can compare them to the amounts that are at risk of being collected.
- The Deposit Held column contains the sum of all refundable fees which are already paid but have not been refunded.
- The Unallocated Credit column contains the sum of all credit notes and overpayments issued to the member which has NOT been allocated to an invoice yet.