Brivo Mobile Access allows members to open doors with their mobile device using a button on the home screen of their organization's Branded App. Learn more about branded (white-label) apps.
The feature is only available for customers who have a Branded App. It is not available in the regular OfficeRnD Members App.
Enable or Disable The Feature In The Branded App
Enabling Brivo Mobile Access happens through an update of your organization's Branded App which is carried out by our development team. Please mind the following:
1. New Customers who are about to request a Branded App need to specify that they want Brivo Mobile Access enabled.
2. Existing Customers who already have their Branded App deployed should submit a support ticket to request an update with Brivo Mobile Access. This can take up to 2 weeks.
3. To disable Brivo Mobile Access, customers have to submit a ticket with a request to remove the Brivo Mobile Access module from their Branded App.
Brivo Integration Settings
The Brivo integration has specific settings to manage Brivo Mobile Passes when using the Branded App for door access. Once operators enable the automatic assignment of Brivo Mobile Passes, they should select one of the following options in the Mobile Passes tab:
Redeem the Mobile Pass in the Brivo App
This setting is recommended when the operator intends to use the Brivo native app as an unlocking method.
When enabled, members are going to receive the Brivo welcome email and are supposed to redeem their mobile passes in the Brivo native app.
Members will not be able to use both Brivo and the OfficeRnD Branded Apps on the same device.
Use the Mobile Pass with the OfficeRnD Branded App
This setting is recommended when the operator intends to use the OfficeRnD Branded app as an unlocking method.
Members will not receive the Brivo welcome email.
The Brivo Mobile Pass will be recreated upon the first click on the unlock button in the OfficeRnD Branded App.
Members will not be able to use both Brivo and OfficeRnD Apps on the same device.
- The default option for redeeming Brivo Mobile Passes will be Brivo App.
- Switching from Use with OfficeRnD Branded App to Redeem in the Brivo Mobile App is going to trigger the Brivo welcome email to all members. Consider this as an operator when making the switch.
How It Works
Once the Branded App of the organization is updated with the Brivo Mobile Access module all members logged in to the app will be able to see a small Key Button in the bottom right corner of the Home Screen. The following conditions are in place, however:
- The Key Button is available only on the Home Screen.
- The Key Button is available only to users who have an access group assigned in OfficeRnD.
Hitting the Key Button for the first time will trigger the following actions:
1. The integration will create a new Brivo Mobile Pass for the user.
2. The device will validate the user’s access rights and download an access key.
3. The app will start searching for a nearby lock. Members might need to tap on the lock with the device so it can communicate with the lock.
Once the authentication process is completed, the app is going to download the digital key for the respective integration and attempt to search for a nearby lock. Depending on the lock model and vendor, members might need to tap on the lock with the device so it can communicate with it.
When using the Mobile Access feature, there are two types of feedback provided to the user:
1. From the device
Your device might show different notifications for features such as authentication, searching for locks, etc.
2. From the lock
The light indicator and sound alert from the physical lock are the most reliable form of feedback.
- When the door cannot be unlocked - red light and sound alert. This would happen when the user does not have access rights.
- When the door is unlocked successfully - green light and sound alert.