Activate the Stripe Credit Card Integration
- If you don’t have a Stripe account go to https://stripe.com/ and create one.
- Open https://app.officernd.com and navigate to Settings/Integrations in your organization.
- Activate the Stripe integration and click Connect.
- Enter your Stripe admin credentials and authenticate the connection.
- Click Done and Stripe is activated for your organization.
Send Receipts to Customers
Stripe can automatically send receipts to your customers when we charge them. Please refer to this post by Stripe on how to setup mailing receipts and how to customize their layout. Note that Stripe doesn’t send receipts for transactions made in test mode (i.e. if you use the test key pair).
With OfficeR&D you can connect your Stripe account and accept ACH payments if your space is in the USA. To enable this feature:
- Make sure to enable accepting ACH payments in Stripe. If you haven't done this already, go to https://stripe.com/docs/ach (you need to be logged in your Stripe Dashboard) and click "Enable ACH"
- Enable Stripe ACH in OfficeR&D. Go to Settings / Integrations and open Stripe configuration. Check the "Enable ACH Payments" checkbox and click "Update"
As the administrator of the space, you can add and verify bank accounts on behalf of your members. Here is how to do this:
- Go to customer’s profile in OfficeR&D (the admin part).
- Find the Billing Details section. Note it will be only visible if you have your Stripe integration set up
- Click the Setup Stripe ACH button.
- Add you customer’s bank account details and click Add.
- When the data is validated, the form will hide and the account will be added in the list bellow the buttons
- The customer’s account will be credited with two small amounts once you enter it into the system.
- The transaction could take up to 3-4 business days before it appears in the customer’s bank account.
- From this point they can either go to their members portal and verify their account themselves or tell you the amounts they received and let you verify the account on their behalf.
- Once you know the amounts of the two small deposits your customer received, click the Verify button, fill them in the form and click Verify.
- Once the account is successfully verified its status will change to Verified and you will be able to collect ACH payments through OfficeR&D.
It is important to notice that before creating an ACH charge you need to receive an authorization from your customer to debit their account. For more information about getting ACH authorization, please refer to this article.
NOTE: Be careful to not input wrong amounts – if you do more than 10 failed attempts in the verification, the bank account will not be able to verify. For more information on how ACH account verification goes through Stripe please refer to their documentation.