Stripe gives you the option to pay for services and memberships directly from OfficeRnD using your credit card and bank account.
- Activate the Stripe credit card integration
- Send receipts to customers
- How to add a credit card to the member portal
- How to add a credit card in the admin portal
- Verification error (max. number of tries exceeded)
- Enable ACH, SEPA, BACS Payments
Activate the Stripe Credit Card Integration
- If you don’t have a Stripe account, go to https://stripe.com/ and create one.
- Open https://app.officernd.com and navigate to Settings/Integrations in your organization.
- Activate the Stripe integration and click Connect.
- Enter your Stripe admin credentials and authenticate the connection.
- Click Done and Stripe is activated for your organization.
You can then open the configuration for the integration and enable ACH/SEPA. Please note that SEPA needs to be enabled in Stripe as well in order to work. Please contact Stripe support for more information and assistance.
Send Receipts to Customers
Stripe can automatically send receipts to your customers when we charge them. Please refer to this post by Stripe on how to set up mailing receipts and customize their layout. Note that Stripe doesn’t send receipts for transactions made in test mode (i.e. if you use the test key pair).
How to add a credit card in the member portal
- Log in to the member portal.
- Click on Billing and open the Payment Details tab.
- Choose Add credit card
How to add a credit card in the Admin portal
- Navigate to Community/Companies or Community/Members, depending on whether you want to add the card to the company or to the member
- Open a specific company or member
- Click on the '+' button next to Payment Details.
- Enter the payment information.
Verification error (max. number of tries exceeded)
Sometimes a customer may fail Stripe's instant verification flow by exceeding the maximum of 3 attempts allowed to add and validate their payment information.
Luckily, Stripe has a number of automated procedures to help customers with this situation. Please go through this concise explanation for more information.
As the authentication flow is handled entirely by Stripe, this means that we are unable to reset the number of tries or input the microdeposits (explained here in Step 6) on our end.
That said, we can suggest two approaches to resolving the situation:
- The customer can delete their payment details and add them again. This will trigger the verification flow which needs to be completed anew. Learn more about the verification flow.
- If you receive a 6-digit descriptor code from Stripe, you can contact Stripe support and have them verify your bank account. After verification, navigate to Settings/Integrations in OfficeRnD and sync the Stripe integration. This will mark your bank account as Verified in our system.
Enable ACH, SEPA, BACS Payments
In addition to ACH and SEPA payments, the Stripe integration supports BACS Direct Debit payments for UK customers. You can learn more about using BACS with Stripe here.
To enable any of the payment systems, navigate to Settings/Integrations and hit Configure under Stripe.
Note: ACH, SEPA, and BACS cannot work at the same time, even if all three are checked. The priority is ACH > SEPA > Bacs. If you want to use strictly BACS, you should enable only that option.
- How to enable ACH or SEPA payments coming from a bank account
- How to add a bank account from the member portal
- How to add a bank account from the admin portal
- Reconcile bulk payments received from a payment provider using a clearing account
Please sign in to leave a comment.