When creating new or editing existing contract agreements, you have the ability to set limitations to length, deposit, discount, and notice periods. You can also define which of your Teammates can or cannot approve a Contract.
If any of the limits have been exceeded and the user setting up the contract does not have approver permissions, they would only be able to send the contract for approval to a preselected group of users instead of Add and Approve.
Activate the Approval Process
To activate this feature, please go to Settings/Platform/Contracts and enable Approval Process.
Approvers and Rules
Enabling the Approval Process will open additional settings:
Approvers - Use this field to select Teammates that will have the permission to approve contracts.
- Require approval when the discount exceeds XX%.
This option is applied to each of the contract types as follows:
- License and Lease Agreements: When adding a resource and A) the entered price is cheaper than the list price with more than XX% or B) the selected discount option exceeds XX% - the user creating or editing the contract will have to send it for approval.
- Membership Agreements: As membership agreements do not have resources, this rule applies to the selected plans in the same way it is applied for the resources in the other agreements.
- Require approval when the notice period is less than XX month(s).
This option works equally for all contract types and will trigger when a user sets a notice period which is less than the XX months defined in the rule.
- Require approval when the contract length is more than/less than XX month(s).
These two rules are applied to each contract type as follows:
- License and Lease Agreements: When either of these options is enabled and the contract length does not apply to the limitations, the user creating or editing the contract will be prompted to send it for approval.
- Membership Agreements: The rules here are applied identically to License and Lease Agreements, except when a Membership Agreement does not have an End date. In this case, the two approval rules will not be triggered.
- Require approval when the deposit is less than XX times the highest step for an office.
This rule is applied to each contract type as follows:
- License and Lease Agreements: Similarly to the discount rule, this one is applied only to the steps of the resources (if any plans are added, their step price/deposit does not trigger this approval rule). This rule takes an office’s step’s highest price (if more than one) and compares it to the deposit to be held for the office.
The approval rules use the list price of the resource you're assigning in the contract. If you're manually editing the price of the step without applying a discount you won't need to account for that. If, however, you're applying a discount you'll need to account for that.
- The rule states that Contracts need approval if their deposit is less than 2 times the highest step of an office. If an office’s step’s price is 500$, and the deposit is 999$, the rule will be triggered. If the deposit amount is changed to 1001$, the rule will no longer be triggered. If another step is added, and its cost is 600$, the rule will trigger once more, as the required deposit now will have to be 2 times 600$, which is 1200$ minimum.
- Membership Agreements: This rule applies to membership agreements identically to the other contract types with the core difference that it works for plans and not offices. If enabled, the rule is applied even when the membership does not have an End Date.
To learn more about Contracts in OfficeRnD, please head to:
To learn more about setting up eSign, please head to:
Please sign in to leave a comment.