Security deposits are usually based on the monthly membership plan and can be refunded when the customer decides to leave the space.
A client would often like to apply their deposit to their last invoice instead of a refund. The easiest way to do this is to credit the security deposit and apply the credit note to the last issued invoice.
Table of Contents
Create a Credit Note for the Deposit
Open the invoice containing the deposit and follow these steps:
1. Click on the Credit Note button.
2. In the Add Credit Note window, review the line items and select the deposit.
3. Click Add.
4. Open the member profile page and navigate to the Invoices section.
5. Find the newly generated Credit Note and open it.
Allocate the Deposit
- Click Allocate credit.
- Select an invoice you'd like to allocate the Deposit's amount to. The option will only allow you to select existing invoices with a Due amount.
- Set the proper Amount you'd like to allocate - an amount larger than the invoice's due amount cannot be allocated.
- Click Add.