Sometimes a client will pay more than they were supposed to.
When that happens, OfficeRnD allows you to record that extra payment as an Overpayment, so you can apply its amount to an unpaid invoice or refund it and record that in the system easily.
Table of Content
When a client has paid more than their due, you can record that either by using the Add Payment option under Billing/Invoices or through the Add Payment button in a client's profile.
Using the Add Payment button in a member's profile will open a window in which you can either add a payment for the pending invoices or enter a bigger amount of money to create an overpayment.
All mandatory fields here are marked with an asterisk.
The same window opens up if you add a payment from Billing/Invoices. There, however, the company/member name is not prefilled and you'll need to select that from the first drop-down field.
Once the Overpayment is in the system its amount can be allocated to an unpaid invoice. That can be done by following these steps:
- Open the Overpayment.
- Click Allocate credit.
- Adjust the Amount if needed. Partial payments are possible, but the amount must not exceed the due amount of the invoice you'd like to allocate the overpayment to.
- Select an invoice from the Invoice drop-down.
- Click Add.
To record that refund in OfficeRnD, you can take the following steps:
- Open the Overpayment's page.
- Click Add Refund.
- Select a Payment method that matches the payment method used to refund the money.
- Set the proper Amount, Reference and Date of the transaction.
- Click Add.