Opportunities represent past or pending deals for a company or a member that you want to work and/or track. They can play a major role in businesses, as they are mostly being used to forecast sales in an organization. In OfficeRnD, opportunities can be used to track potential deals with your customers about the resources in your space. In other words, opportunities are people or accounts that have been qualified. You’ve called these contacts and talked about their needs. You’ve assessed their fit. They’re in your pipeline and are in touch with you. You feel good about the possibility of closing the deal.
Opportunities can be created by going to Community/Opportunities/Add opportunity.
- Here you'll be able to specify the name of the Company and Member, which are the Contact for the deal. It's not necessary to first create a Contact and then add an Opportunity, you can just click the Add new button, which will allow you to create contact at the same time at which you're creating the Opportunity.
Note: If you decide to add a new contact, the moment you click on Add, a new user profile with the status Lead will be added to your organization.
- You should also add a Name and Status of the deal, these along with the Contact are all mandatory fields and must be specified in order for the Opportunity to be created.
- There are three default values for Status: 0% - Lost,10% - Open and 100% - Won. You must choose one of those statuses, so you can later overwrite it by manually entering a Probability for the deal to be closed.
- You can enter a Deal size and Company size. The Deal size is the revenue you expect to win from this opportunity and Company size would be the number of new members you would get.
- Probability and Date are purely based on your own judgment. You can decide how many percentages is the probability of closing this deal and what would be the closing date.
- Although not mandatory, it's important to specify the Resource, which is associated with this opportunity - this can be later used to view opportunities on the Floor Plan for the specific location.
Tip: You can view opportunities on the floor plan as well, by clicking on the zone where the resource with an opportunity is assigned.
After an opportunity is created the contact for the opportunity (either company, member or both) will get a profile created in your organization with the status of Lead. If a deal is won or lost, the status of the contact will be changed to Inactive until fees and memberships are being assigned.
Note: If a deal is lost, the profile of the contact will not be automatically removed from the system. If you wish to remove them from the system, you would need to manually delete the profiles.
Under Community, the number next to Opportunities indicates how many Open Opportunities there are at the moment.
It's possible to do this by utilizing custom properties, you can read about them in our article here.
Below are a few examples of what additional properties you can add:
- Source - this can create a small text field, where you can enter the name/short description of your source for the opportunity. The type of this custom resource should be string.
- Notes - this can be used to write additional, more detailed notes to the opportunity. The type of this custom resource should be text.
- Tour date - often a tour might be requested for an opportunity, it'd be useful to have this additional property so that you may set the date. The type of this custom resource should be date.
Go to Settings/Platform/Community - Opportunity Statuses.
There you can add additional statuses. You can give them a specific Name, Probability, Description and Colour. With custom statuses, you won't have to manually enter a probability every time you want something different from the default 3 statuses.