An opportunity is an object which represents a potential deal, but this specific deal has met certain criteria which indicate a high value to the business, or a high probability of closing. Opportunities in Office RND can be used to track potential deals with your customers about the resources in your workspace. Simply put, opportunities are people or accounts that have been qualified. You’ve called these contacts and talked about their needs. You’ve assessed their fit. They’re in your pipeline and are in touch with you. You feel good about the possibility of closing the deal.
How do I create opportunities?
Opportunities can be created by doing the following:
- Go to Community.
- Go to Opportunities and click Add opportunity.
- Here you'll be able to specify the name of the Company and Member, which are the Contact for the deal. It's important to note that it's not necessary to first create a Contact and then add an Opportunity, you can just the Add new button, which will allow you to create a contact at the same time at which you're creating the Opportunity.
Note that when adding an Opportunity Contact, the Email field is required.
- You can also add a Name and Status, these along with the Contact are all mandatory options and must be specified in order for the Opportunity to be created.
- There are three default values for Status: 0% - Lost, 10% - Open and 100% - Won. You must choose one of those, you can later overwrite it by manually entering a Probability for the deal to be closed. You can also create additional statuses - this is described later in the article.
- You can enter a Deal size and Company size as well as a Date.
- Although not mandatory, it's important to specify the Resource, which is associated with this opportunity - this can be later used to view opportunities in the Floor Plan for the specific location.
Tip: You can view opportunities on the floor plan as well, by clicking on the zone where the resource with an opportunity is assigned.
What happens when I add an opportunity?
After an opportunity is created the contact for the opportunity will have a status of Lead. This can be seen if you look for the person in Community->Members.
Please, note that if the opportunity has a 100% probability, i.e it's considered as Won, the status of lead will not appear, as the deal will be considered closed.
How do I add additional properties to opportunities?
It's possible to do this by utilizing custom properties, you can read about them in our article here.
Here's a few examples of what additional properties you can add:
- Source - this can create a small text field, where you can enter the name/short description of your source for the opportunity. The type of this custom resource should be string.
- Notes - this can be used to write additional notes to the opportunity or a more detailed description. The type of this custom resource should be text.
- Tour date - often a tour might be requested for an opportunity, it'd be useful to have this additional property so that you may set the date. The type of this custom resource should be date.
How do I add additional Statuses?
You can do that by doing the following:
- Go to Settings.
- Go to Platform.
- Go to Community and scroll down to Opportunity Statuses
Here you can add additional Statuses, you can give them a specific Name, Probability, Description and Colour. By doing this you won't have to manually enter a probability every time you want something different from the default 3 statuses.
Tip: You can also sync opportunities by using Capsule. You can read more about this here in our article for Capsule.