Statements are a summary of transactions with a specific customers. You can find more on what they are in this article.
The PDF file of the Statement showing transactions between you and a customer is controlled by a template. Similarly to how you can edit the template of invoices, you can edit the template that shapes the content on the printed PDF of the statement of accounts.
- Navigate to Settings/Templates/Invoices.
- Click on Statement to open the following dialog for editing:
Tip: We advise that you clone your template using the Clone button and test it before you edit your default one. That way, you can preview the changes you make to the Statement's layout.
Note that only the default Statement template can be used to generate a Statement of Accounts, so the cloned template can be used to preview the layout changes, but not to generate a Statement.
- Editor tab - Use the editor to add and remove rows and columns and to rearrange the layout of the document.
- Insert Property - Use the properties listed under the editor as placeholders to display data from OfficeRnD.
- Custom Code - Add custom code if you want to run any pre-processing script to programmatically format the statement document before it gets generated.
- Date format - Define the date format to be used for the dates rendered in the document. Optionally, you can add a Header and a Footer with Header and Footer Lines.
- Code tab - use the code tab if you are familiar with coding and you'd like to customize your template using HTML.
- Click Save.
Note: Any CSS code has to be input in the Custom Code field and not into the Code tab of the template in order for it to work correctly. For a detailed guide on how to use code, please refer to our help article here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.