Sometimes memberships are mistakenly created and invoiced. When you try to delete such memberships you're going to receive this message: "This record cannot be deleted as it has invoices attached to it. You should detach them first."
If the membership is invoiced, the invoice should be detached first. After this, the membership can be deleted. However, we recommend canceling the membership instead. If you'd like to learn how to cancel the membership. here is a help article on the subject - How to Cancel or Pause a Membership.
How to Delete an Invoiced Membership
If deleting the membership is absolutely necessary, here is the step-by-step guide on how to do that:
- Open the Community module and find the member or company that needs their membership deleted.
- Go to the Memberships section, click on the cogwheel next to the membership's name, and choose Show Invoices.
- In the newly opened window, click on the name of the invoice to open it.
- After you open the invoice, click on the Detach button in the upper left corner of the screen and detach the line item of the membership.
- Return to the company or member profile, click on the cogwheel next to the membership and choose Delete.