Sometimes memberships are created and invoiced by mistake. When you try to delete such memberships you're going to receive this reminder "This record cannot be deleted as it has invoices attached to it. You should detach them first." When the membership is invoiced it should be first detached from the invoice and after that, it can be deleted.
However, we recommend canceling the membership instead of deleting it. If you'd like to learn how to cancel the membership here is a help article on the subject - How to Cancel or Pause a Membership.
If deleting the membership is absolutely necessary here is the step-by-step guide on how to do that:
- From Community find the member or company that needs their membership deleted.
- Go to the Memberships section and click on the cogwheel next to the membership's name and choose Show Invoices.
- In the newly opened window click on the name of the invoice to open it.
- After you open the invoice click on the Detach button in the upper left corner of the screen and detach the line item of the membership.
- Return back to the profile of the company or the member and click on the cogwheel next to the membership. After that choose Delete.