In some cases, the system prevents you from activating a contract, as it "Requires Attention" and you will notice that "The contract could not be activated due to errors." You will be able to see what is causing the error in the dialog box.
Here are some scenarios for such a message to be shown and how to resolve them.
The resource is not available for the requested period
- "The resource is not available for the requested period" - If you see this error message, you will need to change the Available From and/or To date of the resource. You can do that either from the Floorplan or from Space > the particular resource tab (e.g Private offices, Desks, etc.).
- On the Floorplan, just click on the resource (office, desk, etc.) and look for the Edit button on the top-right.
- In the Space section, all you need to do is click on a resource's name to open the same menu.
Each resource has an Available From and To fields.
The resource with name XXX is occupied by YYY starting from the start date until the end date
- "The resource with name XXX is occupied by YYY starting from the start date until the end date" - If it requires attention because of a resource being occupied - you need to:
- Find the resource in question;
- Click the History button, and in the newly opened window:
- Click on the trash bins next to the move in/move out activities.
- After you validate with the checkmark and clear the history of the resource, you can go back to the contract's page and use the Activate Contract option to mark the contract as Signed. More on how to tackle resource History, you can find here.
This will generate all memberships and fees described in it as usual.
Edit the Contract
Another solution is to Edit the contract and make the necessary changes if the above options are not suitable. You can do that by opening the contract's page and clicking on the Edit button.
Please note only contracts that have not been Signed yet can be edited.
Should there still be any unresolved issues, you will receive an error notifying you of the current problems.