PlacePay is an integration that allows you to collect credit and debit card payments, you can also accept direct debit payments and it has multi-location support, which means that you can set up separate accounts per location. Before we dive into details, you might want to check what other payment gateway integrations we offer.
How to set up the integration
Get Your Private Key:
- Visit https://placepay.com/ and create an account.
If you want to create a test account first, you can visit https://test.placepay.com/.
- Go to the top-right corner of the PlacePay page and click on the drop-down that should show your profile name. Select Edit Your Settings.
- In the newly opened window go to the API Keys tab. Here you'll see be able add a new key pair by clicking the button.
- After you click the button, you'll be able to see your public and private keys.
Please make sure to copy your private key before you close this window as you won't be able to view it again.
Get Your Deposit Account ID:
- Issue a GET request to the PlacePay API. Depending on whether you're using a test private key or a live private key the URL to which the request will be sent is going to be different.
URL for test private key - https://test-api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
URL for live private key - https://api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
- When you're issuing the GET request, the authorization you're going to need is a basic authorization, use the previously copied private key for that.
- Now that you've issued the request the value of the property Id at the very top of the result is the Deposit Account Id. Copy that value so that you can later paste it in OfficeRND.
Configure The Integration
After you've copied your Deposit account ID and Private key, you can use them to configure the integration in OfficeRnD:
- In Settings->Integrations you can scroll down to Payment Gateways and activate PlacePay.
- After you've activated the integration, click on Configure where you can paste your private key and Deposit Account ID.
- Click Done and the integration becomes active.