PlacePay is a payment integration that allows you to collect credit and debit card payments. It also accepts direct debit payments and it has multi-location support, which means you can set up separate accounts per location.
Before we dive into details, you might want to check what other payment gateway integrations we offer.
Before you begin
- This integration is not supported on the sign-up page. Also note that the setting up of this integration requires developer tools. If necessary, contact our support team for assistance.
- This integration does not support Purchase Flows. You will not be able to charge invoices immediately upon purchase with this integration.
- Any setting for the purchase flow apart from Generate an invoice immediately will lead to an inability to complete the purchase/booking. The other options must be disabled, in order for the members to be able to purchase items from the shop.
How to set up the integration
Get Your Private API Key
- Visit https://placepay.com/ and create an account. If you want to create a test account first, visit https://test.placepay.com/.
- Click on the drop-down menu with your profile name. Select Edit Your Settings.
- In the newly opened window, go to the API Keys tab. Here, you'll be able to add a new key pair by clicking the button.
- After you click the button, you'll be able to see your public and private keys. Please make sure to copy your private key before you close this window as you won't be able to view it again.
Get Your Deposit Account ID or Encoded Payee ID
You can received your Deposit Account ID or Encoded Payee ID by contacting the PlacePay support team. Upon successful registration, PlacePay support sends information about your Private API key, Payee ID and Encoded Payee Id (Deposit Account ID) over email. Alternatively, you can follow these steps to generate the ID using the PlacePay API. Here's a link to the PlacePay API Documentation.
- Issue a GET request to the PlacePay API. Depending on whether you're using a test private key or a live private key, the URL to which the request will be sent is going to be different.
- URL for test private key - https://test-api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
- URL for live private key - https://api.placepay.com/deposit_accounts
- When you're issuing the GET request, the authorization you're going to need is a basic authorization. Use the previously copied API private key.
- Now that you've issued the request, the value of the property Id at the very top of the result is the Deposit Account Id. Copy that value so that you can later paste it in OfficeRnD.
Configure The Integration
After you've copied your Deposit account ID and Private key, you can use them to configure the integration in OfficeRnD:
- In Settings/Integrations you can scroll down to Payment Gateways and activate PlacePay.
- After you've activated the integration, click on Configure where you can paste your private key and Deposit Account ID.
- Click Done and the integration becomes active.
Please sign in to leave a comment.