Multi-vendor Mobile Access enables operators to provide a seamless and unified door access experience to their members. The integration works with the three most popular access control systems in the Flex Workspace industry - SaltoKS, KISI, and Brivo.
Enable or Disable The Feature In The Branded App
Enabling Multi-vendor Mobile Access happens through an update of your organization's Branded App which is carried out by our development team. Please mind the following:
1. New Customers who are about to request a Branded App need to specify which of the supported mobile access modules they want to have in the app - SaltoKS, KISI, Brivo.
2. Existing Customers who already have their Branded App deployed should submit a support ticket to request an update with the mobile access modules of their choice. This can take up to 2 weeks.
3. To disable Multi-vendor Mobile Access, customers have to submit a ticket with a request to remove the specified door access module from their Branded App.
How It Works
Once the Branded App of the organization is updated with the requested mobile access modules, all members logged in to the app will be able to see a Key Button in the bottom right corner of the screen. The following conditions are in place, however:
- The Key Button is available only on the Home Screen.
- The Key Button is available only to users who have an access group assigned in OfficeRnD.
Hitting the Key Button for the first time will trigger the vendor's respective authentication method:
- SaltoKS would initiate a quick authentication.
- Brivo would re-issue a Mobile Pass.
- KISI would create a Managed User in KISI.
Once the authentication process is completed, the app is going to download the digital key for the respective integration and attempt to search for a nearby lock. Depending on the lock model and vendor, members might need to tap on the lock with the device so it can communicate with it.
When using the Mobile Access feature, there are two types of feedback provided to the user:
1. From the device
Your device might show different notifications for features such as authentication, searching for locks, etc. Their exact content depends on the door access provider - SaltoKS, Brivo, KISI.
2. From the lock
The light indicator and sound alert from the physical lock are the most reliable form of feedback.
- When the door cannot be unlocked - red light and sound alert. This would happen when the user does not have access rights.
- When the door is unlocked successfully - green light and sound alert.