The Processing Fees feature can be enabled to automatically apply a processing fee to any payment that a client makes using a credit card. This is only applicable for card payments and it cannot be used for bank transfers, cheque, POS, etc.
What you'll need:
Set Up Processing Fees:
- Go to Settings/Billings and find the We'll generate processing fees section.
- Enable the Automatically option. That will enable the automatic fees added to charges paid by credit card. More fields will be displayed, allowing you to finish the set up of automatic fees:
- Plan - Select a plan that will be used as the template plan for processing fees. This allows you to specify the payment account that you would like to have these fees associated with. Read more about how you can add billing plans.
- Fee - this section allows you to set up a fee in percentage (%) of the invoice charge. There are four available fields - Default, Visa, Mastercard, and American Express. Each one specifies a certain fee, depending on the type of card that is used for the payment. The Default fee will be used for any other cards or cards without a specified fee percentage.
Once enabled, the fees will be added to the relevant payments and they will become visible in the order summary.
- If you have a Card payment method added and your preferred payment method is set to Auto, a fee will be generated. If you don't have a Card added, there will be no fees in the invoice.
- If your preferred payment method is set to a Card (for example Stipe Card), a fee will be generated regardless if you have a Card added or not.