This feature can only be enabled by OfficeRnD's team. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in testing the eSign functionality out and we will enable it for you.
With OfficeRnD you can facilitate your business operations and, in this article, we’ll show you how to easily send a contract for an online signature. Before diving in, make sure to read more about:
You can check the pricing if you go to "Settings"->"My Account"->"Subscription".
Table of content
- Configure eSignatures
- Location-specific signer for your organization
- Sending a contract for eSignature
- Declined contracts
When our team enables the eSignatures for you, you will need to configure who is responsible for the contracts being signed on your end:
- Navigate to Settings/Platform
- Open the Contracts tab
- Under the eSignatures section configure Email and Name
- Email – set the email of the person in your team, who needs to receive the contracts and sign them.
- Name - set the name of your organization as you want to display it in the contract upon its signing.
On the customer’s end, OfficeRnD sends the contract for eSignature to the email of the person, you selected in the contract when you created it.
If you have different locations that are treated as separate billing entities, or you have different people responsible for your contracts in each location, there is an easy way to set up the system to send your contracts to the proper person. Here is how to do that:
- Go to Space/Locations.
- Click on a location's name to open its Edit menu.
- Find the eSign tab and configure the Name and Email of the team member who needs to sign the contracts
There are two easy ways to do that:
- Go to Community/Contracts
- Find the contract you need and select the cogwheel icon on the right of its name.
- Select Send for e-Sign.
Alternatively, you can send a contract for eSignature from the Contract's page:
- Go to Community/Contracts
- Open the Contract you'd like to send.
- Find the Sign option on the top-right of the page.
- Click on it and choose to Send for eSign.
When you send a contract for eSignature, OfficeRnD sets its state to Out For Signature until both sides sign it. Once both parties eSign the contract, the contract state is to E Signed.
When your customers receive a contract for eSign, they have the option to decline it and provide a reason. When that happens, OfficeRnD sends you a notification using your email notification settings. As an admin, you can also decline the contract.
Declined contracts give you the option to re-send it after you make changes. It's important to remember that you need to generate a new PDF file before sending the contract for eSign again, otherwise you'll just send the old one without the new changes.
As a general rule, wait for the customer to sign their side of the contract before you sign as an admin. This way you'll always have the option to decline if you need to make edits.